Note to New Members ×

UPZ Canting Disc

charliechocolate

I don't know if this is a design defect but it may be a wear item. What's happened on my boots is that the smaller disc has worn out the recessed hole where it sits into a bigger hole so the cuff comes off at the ankle, especially when the buckles are cranked.

upzboots.com has been offline for the last month or so. The only other retailer I can find that carries these is oes.cat and they don't respond to emails. Does anyone know where I can get replacements?

spacer.png

spacer.png

As a stopgap you can do something like this.  It'll be enough to hold the boot together at a selected cant position so you don't have to give up any days waiting for the replacement.  Just take measures to make sure it stays tight since the bolt will want to loosen on you as the hinge moves back and forth, and this bypasses the locking system the stock fastener uses.  

PXL_20230310_214653799.jpeg

Edited by Eastsiiiide
  • Thanks 1

If you haven't had any luck getting this sorted yet, I had emailed yoja@upzboots.com a couple of weeks ago inquiring about some parts for my boots.  He replied next business day, confirmed he had what I needed in stock a few days later, and I received my order from him earlier today.

Send him an email, he's always had great customer service, even without the website it seems.

• Thanks 1