Note to New Members ×

Venom Edge Protectors

*Ace*

Yup, the neoprene board sleeves cover the entire base and part of the top as well, plus they have handles to grab. They are great for throwing in the truck/car/case/whatever and take up no space. 

The YYZ one is good for flat-end carving boards (a couple of the buckles are oddly positioned but it still works). For wider softboot boards you need something else. I just got one from EVOC and it mostly fits my 28cm-waist (33cm nose) 163cm Coiler although it’s close to the limit. Donek makes them as well and I’m sure they fit their wider soft boards…..I just couldn’t bring myself to put a Donek coat on my Coiler, nothing against Donek but it felt kind of weird hahaha. 

5 hours ago, *Ace* said:

Just came across these on Instagram.

https://www.snowtechproducts.com/

spacer.png

Has anyone used them before? Seems like a great idea/design.

Sold out of the UK they retail on their website for $65 USD.

Thoughts?

Looks like it would be good protection for travel. I use a soft case when I fly but it really only has substantial padding on the bottom to protect the base. To safeguard the edges I use pipe insulation and secure it with string. It works good enough for a trip or two and it costs <$10. I think pool noodles would be a longer lasting solution.

It’s a neat idea but I can’t see paying $65 for it.  I’d rather put that toward a better case or a more reusable padding system.