Note to New Members ×

Sundance and/or Brighton Weds Mar 8th?

slabber

Looks like I may get to UT for  a work trip.  Company HQ is in Pleasant Grove and they have corporate passes for Sundance. 

Tentatively there from Monday March 6th and departing on the 9th.  I'm probably looking at night skiing one or more evenings Mon-Weds.  

Anyone ride regularly at Sundance?  

Edited by slabber
added Brighton to title

On 2/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, slabber said:

Based on today's snowfall, I might want to consider bringing a powder board too? 🙂  

That said, night skiing will be clearly all tracked out I would expect so just the Coiler will be the actual plan I think. 

I'd say I have a Tom Burt Avalanche set up for powder. A little soft for me.

Inviting all Utah Carvers to visit Sundance these Weeknights! Night Riding! Lay down these trenches!

• Like 1

I've been to a few games, not lately though. 

Was asking @Johno212 if he might be able to make it out as well.  

23 hours ago, dropthebody said:

My Gold Passes fell through. Monday good for you? When you drive up the canyon approximately 2 miles the entrance is on the left and if you blink you might miss it. There are two parking lots accessing both lifts. Lower for Outlaw and Upper for Jake's.

More bang for the back with the Outlaw Express?  

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 8.48.41 PM.png

Edited by slabber

Probably for you guys.  I’m currently not ready for moguls. Got most of my new gear sorted, so that’s cool.  I’m stoked to try a new area.  You picked an excellent time to snowboard!  Conditions should be great.  Went to Solitude yesterday and they have received over 540” of snow.  Great place, lift lines were maybe 2-3 minutes tops.  Plenty of steep terrain for people looking for that.  The grooming on runs was really suspect.  Had one of the first chairs up at 8 am and zero corduroy was seen; really odd and I used to work at two ski areas.  Looked like it was groomed the day before in the morning and heavily skied/boarded for 24 hours.  Been shoveling snow all morning at my house.  Park City and Solitude received about 20” of fresh last night.  This morning, it’s still snowing at 1” an hour.  

Edited by CB Utah
Correction
  • Like 1

Holy crap. I will keep checking this forum messaging.  I have a Coiler 166 all mountain set up with F2’s.  It’s an option.  Do you use intec or fintec heels?  If no, all we have to do is change out the rear heel (I’ve got the parts and tools) rotate the bindings to your stance angle and snug them up to your boots.  I have redundant parts/boards. 

Oh, Park City got 31” last night.  Visiting buddy from Florida is up there today.  5 th chair up and he said the snow is crazy.  Evening boarding at Sundance should be fun.  Looking forward to it.

Edited by CB Utah