Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Snowperformance Thanks!

garyj

A huge thanks to Gavin Kerr for making the Mammoth Snowperformance camp happen. It was an awesome time. Also thanks to Sean Cassidy, Mark Harris, and especially Mike Jacoby for all the great tips and encouragement.

It was also great getting to know more fellow riders and I look forward to making turns with you again.

Gavin, I hope it all happens again next year, and Sean I look forward to seeing the pics. Hope you boys have a safe trip back home. GC

Yes it was an awesome weekend! It was great meeting all of you guys. Sean, Mark and Mike definitely put on an awesome camp.

It was amazing seeing Mike Jacoby tear through the SL course on his 195cm FP, while many of us struggled with it on short SL boards!

All,

Thanks for attending what I am certain has been our best carve camp ever. Special kudos go to the Tahoe contingent who not only are great riders but also alot of fun to hang out with. This was our first trip down to Mammoth and we were totally impressed with the terrain and facillities. I have already talked to Mike Jacoby and Mark Harris about a repeat next year, and Gavin is also behind it 100%, so I think this is a go for next season. My summer project will be to get a dvd out to the attendees and hopefully entice some of them to do Sun Peaks in December.

Huge thanks also go out to Sean and Fin. Without their loyal support (and plentiful demos), these events would be considerably tougher to pull off.

Regards,

Sean

snowperformance

It was a total blast! Torn rotator cuff in the shoulder, chipped tooth,and a colored hip and butt cheek that will match my bitchen Snow Performance black hat. I think I got my moneys worth. I know it won't show on the DVD but what I've learned from from that hellfest will save me years of reconstructive surgery. I can't recommend this camp enough, it is a must. The other carvers were fantastic, with me not being a real social type these people went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. Thanyou Gavin, Sean, Mark, Mike. I'll be there for Sunpeaks. And to Gary, I was not euro carving I was recovering (like Valentino Rossi-qualifying in the wet). Thanks again, Gavin

OK Valetino, regardless of how you felt both Mike and Mark were giving you big kudos on many of your runs, which is more that can be said about many of mine. So suck it up and heal fast so we can do some surfin before the snow flys next season. I'll be in touch soon.

And to Tim that Donek 187 suited you well, your turns were smoooooth on that thing. I am a believer in longer boards, especially after watching Mike Jacoby ride Kris Klug's 195 FP--- simply amazing. Thanks for posting the picture and will see you next year.

hey ya'll,

i just got back from the rest of my vacation, red eye from san fran. quite tired now but just wanted to also give big thx to Sean, Gavin, Mark, Mike, and all the other fun and talented riders. Was a blast to meet and ride with you all. Def. glad I made the trip and I got some pics that I'll be sendin out hopefully in a week or two.

Barry

ps Dave, East Coast!

Did someone take more photos at the Mammoth Snowperformance Camp? I am sure someone did , if you want me to host a gallery on my site, please let me know. Did anyone see Jorg of Pureboarding there? He was on his way there after riding Timberline . The group photo says it is over 300K. Yet it doesn't show detail and BOL doesn't host larger photos.

Hey all,

Is anyone up here this weekend? This will probably be my last weekend for the season (days 40 and 41! =)

The snow is holding up very well actually, a little better than last weekend.

It gets pretty soft as expected, but its still tons of fun. I'm just totally happy to be snowboarding in the middle of June!