Note to New Members ×

Two runs on my 33.5cm ww board

kitejumping

I'm not sure if there are any wider boards out there, but my 33.5cm waist width Donek is working with my 11.5 boots perfectly.  

156cm Donek Knapton Twin

20m sidecut, 33.5cm waist width 33.9cm underfoot, extra stiff.  Insta360 camera (sorry in advance for the poor video quality) 

• Like 8

Edit: Thinking about that more, I've never ridden much with alpine stances so not really sure on that.  

I think the heelsides require more commitment to do them properly and with the 20m sidecut I tend to not want to commit to them as much when the runs are busy with how vulnerable you are to getting hit from behind vs doing more toesides (regular and switch) where it's super easy to look up the hill for missiles.  

Edited by kitejumping

I ride 9/0 on softboots (I mean, that is close to duck, right?). I rarely have issues with heelsides; even on steeper terrain and hard snow. 

Feels pretty much like a heelside with a 50/45 stance angles on hardboots. My toe-side is my weaker turn when the conditions are challenging (hard + soft boots). 

36 minutes ago, StrangeFuture808 said:

Damn thats huge! What was the width of your previous board? .
Assuming by the way you're riding that thing this isn't your first Knapton Twin lol.

My previous was a 32cm waist width (been on that width pretty much since my first one), although have dropped down in board length and moved up in stiffness and sidecut over the years.   Based on playing with binding mountings up and back between heels and toes, I think I would probably be fine with it at 34-34.5cm ww, but the press was maxed out for width when making this one.  If I play around with giving more clearance towards the toes or heels, that side with the extra clearance feels amazing for carving (how I know a little wider would be fine), but starts to not feel as good for flatland butter things after sliding it too far to one side.  

• Like 1