Note to New Members ×

Racing pathways and coaching for hard boot snowboarding in Australia

Lachlan_Skellet

Hi everyone my name is lachie I’m new on this forum I’m interested to do hard boot snowboarding and compete in Australia and over seas in the future for hard boot snowboarding I’m 17 years old and 6ft9 I was just wondering does anyone know any pathways in Australia for hard boot snowboarding because I haven’t found anywhere that does coaching for hard boot snowboarding.I’ve never hard boot snowboarded before but I’m trying it out next season in Australia or potential overseas this year.I’ve been competing in interschools in Australia I’ve gotten 3 1st places for giant slalom and 1 3rd for giant slalom all on a soft boot board.if anyone knows anyone on where to get some coaching in Australia or pathways around Australia.

and also if anyone could help me out with some knowledge on what length of board I should get for hard boot and also boots bindings and a plate.

I’m getting a grant from the Dylan Alcott foundation in Australia to use towards my dreams of competing for Australia in hard boot snowboarding with having a disability of autism.

cheers lachie 

• Like 1

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/explore-steamboat/aussies-help-winter-sports-club-reverse-drop-in-membership/

Given the lack of training facilities in Australia quite a number of Australians have made use of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club in the USA. Thedo Remmelink is/was the alpine snowboard coach there. My memory is that there was an Aussie alpine boarder training there for a while but I can't recall his name. Others may be able to recall who it was.

The path you want to go on is really expensive as well as competitive. Hope you are able to make your dream happen.

If you do end up coming to Steamboat, and joining the SSWSC, look me up. Even in the states, true hardboot training is a niche, and I had to make the trek from the far east coast over here for my son to compete. He races the FIS and NorAm circuits now, and the training / coaching has shown noticeable improvements. 

I cannot offer much in the way of training (OK, not at all), but when it comes to the hardware of the sport, whether boots, bindings or plates, I can keep you going and always have spares...