Note to New Members ×

Can't wait to carve again...

SWriverstone

I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. I can't wait to carve again. :D

Seriously.

Scott

LOL at phil! jeez scott...you sound like one of the busiest people Ive ever encountered. you dont have other time occupiers?

BUT...honestly...it sounds like its time for you to relocate somewhere with better snow, and a longer season.

Scott. Watch for some cheap tickets to PDX. Timberline is open nearly all summer. A few glacier runs with shorts and no sun screen will cure your hankering. :) Got to love the look on the tourists face when they hit the surface in their "Beach Boys Costumes) Picture broken automotive safety glass stuck to the surface of rock hard SALTED glacier groomed!! Can you say "ROAD RASH" with a heavy dose of salt.

Come on up to OR-E-GONE , we got the cure !!!

Bryan

LOL---funny replies all. Yeah, I've got plenty to keep me busy. Holly and I are headed to the Outer Banks for a week tomorrow---we look like the Beverly Hillbillies we're taking so many toys---kayaks, bikes, skateboards, inline skates, hang gliders [for dune soaring], remote-controlled gliders, musical instruments... We have the full-on "Air, Land, and Sea" vehicle! :D

But seriously...if I could carve all year long I would! You're right D-Sub---I definitely think a relocation to the west is in my future. And sure Bryan---I'll keep my eyes open for cheap plane tickets!

Meanwhile, I'm playing some of my better/more fun runs over and over in my head...

Scott

Originally posted by SWriverstone

LOL---funny replies all. Yeah, I've got plenty to keep me busy. Holly and I are headed to the Outer Banks for a week tomorrow---we look like the Beverly Hillbillies we're taking so many toys---kayaks, bikes, skateboards, inline skates, hang gliders [for dune soaring], remote-controlled gliders, musical instruments... We have the full-on "Air, Land, and Sea" vehicle! :D

You're going to the outer banks in april without windsurfing gear? You need a bigger vehicle. :D

I took a hangliding lesson at Jockey's Ridge forever ago...flared out way early, got the trainer kite surprisingly high (maybe 10 feet) and into a hard left hander. Out of the corner of my eye I could see another lesson group scattering as I headed toward them...white-knuckled death grip on the bar, hangin' on for dear life. Then the left leading edge dug into the sand and the kite carwheeled. My friends said it looked pretty impressive...

joe...

Originally posted by joecarve

You're going to the outer banks in april without windsurfing gear? You need a bigger vehicle. :D

We've got it covered---another couple that we're going with are towing a trailer with an 18' Prindle catamaran and windsurfing gear. :) So we definitely shouldn't be bored!

I took a hangliding lesson at Jockey's Ridge forever ago...flared out way early, got the trainer kite surprisingly high (maybe 10 feet) and into a hard left hander. Out of the corner of my eye I could see another lesson group scattering as I headed toward them...white-knuckled death grip on the bar, hangin' on for dear life. Then the left leading edge dug into the sand and the kite carwheeled. My friends said it looked pretty impressive...

joe...

LOL---that's a classic story...because ALL hang glider pilots (myself included) have had some epic "ground loops" (as that type of accident is called). Hang gliding is exactly like flying powered planes---the most hairy part is takeoff and landing...once you're a few thousand feet up, you could take a nap! :) It's always tough learning, since all you're doing is launch/landing!

Scott