Note to New Members ×

Binding choice for soft boots carving

i8summer

On 3/29/2022 at 1:16 PM, i8summer said:

I’m in the market for a new pair of binding for my Kessler xcarve 159 I’m looking at Flow Nx2 and Ride C10. Is there someone on this forum that had the chance to try both of them? Pros and cons ? I’m currently using Burton Cartel X and I find there’s a lot of flex in them. 

You want the a10

Flow bindings are shit imo. I've been enjoying the Union Atlas FC's; lifetime warranty on highback/baseplate == also cost effective.

Yeah the flow bindings have a drastically lower footprint in the heelcup than any other binding, including the Unions.

If you need that sort of edge angle, I guess you need something special. Any sort of style that involves barely touching/skimming == you will never boot out and some overhang is ok.

My softboot setup does not pass the Fuego box wine test.

Heel chop down hill and strap in; you will be strapping in faster than some hardbooters (I don't know why, I'm fat and out of balance. usually).

Edited by Odd Job

4 hours ago, Odd Job said:

I've been enjoying the Union Atlas FC's; lifetime warranty on highback/baseplate == also cost effective.

The Warranty situation in the uk with union is pretty terrible as you have to deal with the uk distro rather than union themselves and they are like trying to get blood out of stone when it comes to trying to get a response let alone parts....

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

The Warranty situation in the uk with union is pretty terrible as you have to deal with the uk distro rather than union themselves and they are like trying to get blood out of stone when it comes to trying to get a response let alone parts....

Have you thought about bypassing them and sending an email to Union complaining about the UK support?  Just throw someone under the bus to get them to work. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Odd Job said:

Have you thought about bypassing them and sending an email to Union complaining about the UK support?  Just throw someone under the bus to get them to work. 🙂

A friend got it sorted for me awhile ago at a tradeshow when he spoke to them directly but dealing with union and capita by extention in the uk is not a fun experience

• Like 1