Note to New Members ×

pureboarding techniques??

Guest kriss

Guest kriss

I happened to be looking at the site to view their aspen pictures and traced the site to view other information.Has anyone tried their technique of 55*/20* angles(fr./rear)? Has anyone tried their boards(#one)? The apparent leader,jorge,makes quite a case for his technique and the asym board.

I tried it earlier this year -- but it's hard for me to compare it to more closely matched angles because it's my first year and I've been trying a lot of different things. Haven't had a chance to try an asym.

Jorg has a good point that these angles provide a more solid position -- i.e. if you were to kick someone in the head, how would you stand -- with the back foot 60deg forward, or with it 20deg? I believe that's the thought behind the back angle -- a more stable and natural position.

I spent a few days skiing bumps and powder on my all-mountain board with hard boots and it didn't feel bad. It sure helped keep the back knee away from the front knee -- hooking toe-side turns (I'm regular) a lot more easily. But I later switched back to riding F55/R50, and that felt good, and so I stuck with it.

Riding these angles is worth a try, and I don't think it's bad for your knees -- like Jorg said, though, give it a whole day or more, it takes a while to get used to it :)

Hope this helps,

tom.

they definately look like they have fun!

I would definately find that stance uncomfortable, but the technique linked with their boards looks great, really versatile on soft snow. I'd bet it wouldn't work great out on HARDpacked snow but if I move out west, I'll be riding similar boards (maybe something an All Mountain, or an INCA CAMO, Incline 168 or something like that) with softboots at angles like that, something like 40/35

hope to meet em if I get to SES

I've recently been thinking about that very subject, especially since buying my new softboot gear. I come from a surfing background and those angles seem similar to what we naturally rode. I'd be guessing, but I'd say my natural surfing stance was somewhere in the area of 45 Front and 10 rear. The next time I'm on the soft gear I'm going to try angles around 35f and 10R just to see how it feels. I'm hoping there's some snow left in Northern VT next week so I can give it a try.