Note to New Members ×

U195

Alexey

4874 is a softer prototype. From the first start - amazing board, truly universal, no need to adjust, especially on a day before I rode Virus Black Death 3 with 15 cm waist.

Got lucky to ride it on soft snow (more than a foot of freshies) and at the same time on groomed trails. A day went from gorgeous and sunny AM to terrible PM conditions when the sun went into the clouds and everything got frozen.

It turned out to be softer than 4872 board everywhere - nose, waist, tail and the most important torsionally. At the same time, it did not loose anything in carving, the nose did not rattle, the middle with a good feedback and the tail jumps!

Board is 400 grams lighter than 4872 and it FEELS! Carrying it uphill was much easier and more comfy, which is very important for a powboard of it’s size.

In pow without trees, the board floated great and jumped when necessary. It easily can be spinned and allows to throw it under you.

In not very dense and tight trees, it was quite easy as well, since it torsionally softer, the board helped to go around bumps and trees, like it was a simple matter. Of course with tighter trees when you have to twist a lot, it’s harder, although it’s kinda expected for a 195cm board.

The only thing I did not like was when the snow got frozen and became limp, I went back to the trails, board began to stick to the snow, not wanting to turn and put on the edge. The easiness of riding immediately disappeared, as you were riding on the wooded log.

As a conclusion, this board turned out to be much better than 4872 (stiffer board). Very similar feeling of the Undertaker but with better and wider variety of riding. Its unbelievable ride on deep snow and on groomed trail to carve it. I recommended to use this prototype in a production. Great board!

• 4 weeks later...