Note to New Members ×

Old Hardboots on new titanflex help

Bren71384

H! I've used to ride F2 snowboards with hardboots back in the early 2000s while I was living in Europe. Now that I live in the US I wanted to get back into hardboot snowboarding so when I was back home in Germany over Christmas I grabbed my hardboots I used to ride in which are in very good condition. I also got myself some F2 titanflex intex bindings, but I am noticing that the thickness of the toe sole is not high enough to grip the toe bail solidly, the toe can move up and down. 

This was not a problem when i used non intec bindings back in the day since  the lever just pressed the boot down, and I did not anticipate this issue. Is there a safe and common way to remedy this, or is my boot just too out of date? I was thinking of either adding padding to the toe plate so the boot connects with it, or see if i can screw in a deeluxe toe sole replacement if i can make that fit. Thank you!

20220213_163933.jpg.1009808e3e6717aab0db036182d3b815.jpg20220213_163905.jpg.3084b2b9bb86c994fd3e9ee42f08344b.jpg

The older F2 Intec binding toe pieces were height adjustable but didn't rock backwards and forwards. An option may be to take a small round file and file the groove in the plastic toe bail retainer to allow the toepiece to move forward and down enough to engage the toe of your boot.

Just out of curiosity, how old are those boots?  There were multiple incidents of old boots disintegrating at MCC with little or no load on them. It may be worth investing in newer boots instead of trying to Mcguyver those to work

• Like 1

I was browsing on some of the german forums and actually they said if the titanflex it has play like this, start tightening down the toe bail with a torque screwdriver so that it forces the bail further down until the boot connects with the binding. I was reluctant to use a lot of force but following that I was able to make it connect. 20220213_220521.jpg.cf1c09dd1e21c6cb562888491a59b710.jpg