Note to New Members ×

How am I doing?

Guest Dragon1080

Guest Dragon1080

Here is my "low down". I've been boarding for 15 years now, this year I got a used Burton Alp 63 for $40 and $10 Salamon ski boots. I never ridden alpine before this year. I injured my back in December so it kinda killed my season, but i was able to get two days on my Alp. I had trouble on the steeps and found that the flats were easier to lay a carve down. Alpine is a challenge that my rideing hasnt seen in a long time. Here is a pic from two days ago this was my second time on an alpine. Tell me what you think or how i can improve. Thankshttp://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=20CD086O040027&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Try not to reach down for the snow and also don't bend over at the waist. You won't have much balance in this position. Think about dropping your hips into the carve and keeping a quiet, more upright upper body, and level shoulders, like this or this.

Check out the articles here on "The Norm".

It's a good idea to stay off the steeps while learning how to carve. You can't learn anything while you're just trying to make it down alive!

Guest Dragon1080

Thanks for the tips. Most of the time when I ride any of my other boards (freestyle/ride) I do tend to bend at the hip to put my face on the snow. I think a different body possition would help my turns, but its hard to break old habbits.