Note to New Members ×

NorAms 2022 season.

TVR

Giants Ridge starts 01/21/2022. Normally I don't pay much attention to them, but this time I have a horse in the race....

If any of you guys have a good source for live timing, let me know.

Best of luck to my son. If you watch it, route for him please, Michael Smith. This will be his first ever NorAm, as well as his first FIS race as he is finally old enough for this bracket, as he just turned 15. This is a tough year, more for me, as it is the first year I am not at every one of his races...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

Any other Carrabassett Valley racers coming? 

Not sure...  Michael is now with the Steamboat team...  I know the CVA team came up to Howellsen back in November, but no idea who will be doing NorAms ....  All new year as even some of the fixtures like Dan Wagner (Steven D. Berry Jr.) are going to be absent, so it is a whole new flock it would seem....

I remember seeing CVA jackets at the Buck RTTC in 2019? Maybe that was your guy Berry? 

If the race was still at Buck Hill you could watch it all on their webcam. No cams on the race hill at Giant's Ridge but they have enough hill to set both PGS & PSL, where Buck can only do PSL.

Do you know if Thedo is traveling with the SSWSC for the Giant's race?

Thanks man....

I have some takeaways from the races...
Looking over the results, it seems there are 5 'blocks' the competitors fit into. Each block seems to be separated by a few seconds combined from the block next.. It seems the top three blocks "always" qualify.

Mike seems to be in block 3. His groups are those who are consistent and qualify, but get knocked out next round when up against block 2 and block 1. Guys like Miles Silverman are block 2 and guys like Dylan Udolf are block 1. Everett McEwan even at 50 is still a block 2 level competitor. Some don't like the guy, but that is still impressive all the same. 

Mikes next goals or the measure of progress will be to be able to beat Miles and Everett. Lofty goals, but now he has and knows where the bar is set. Looking at these guys and their equipment, this isn't the issue. Mike just needs to step up that ladder and be consistent in block two, like he is consistent in block 3 now. 

Can he do it is the next mystery to be solved.....

• 2 weeks later...