Note to New Members ×

Stop carving already!!!

SWriverstone

When are you guys gonna stop carving??? ENOUGH already! My season's OVER, OK??? I DON'T LIKE hearing about people still ripping it up and having a great time! It's DEPRESSING!!! I can't AFFORD to go to Mammoth or Snowbird! I've already taken the bindings off the board, dried out my liners---COMPLETELY!!!

I want to hear more about how people are SAD ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CARVE ANYMORE!!!

Just kidding, sort of...:D :D :D

Scott

Scott...odd...but...you stated clearly that you _chose_ to end your season. Its pretty far to get to snow for you, isnt it.

well...it fckin RAINED on my hill today. yesterday was pretty darn fun altho horribly crowded, and then today it rains?

the saga continues

D-Sub...yes, I chose to end my season...because had I continued, I would have had to see how well my board carves mud! :) As it was, I nabbed the last possible 2 decent hours left at Whitetail on my 42nd visit!

Sorry about the rain---that sucks. Nothing sadder than snow left out in the rain...

Scott

:) These stories of boarding 'til July are truly painful. :) Tim, you are right---I'm stuck here in the East a few more years 'til my daughter graduates high school...and then I'm DEFINITELY moving out west! (Seriously.)

As it is, I'm actually okay quitting for the season, 'cause hang gliding and kayaking are calling to me!

About the only thing that can get me to stop thinking about carving is to be soaring at 3,000' over a mountain ridge, only the sound of the wind in my ears...

Scott

Scott

Jesse and I rode at Blue Mtn, Pa yesterday for the last day of it being open. He took a pic of the base on the upper black diamonds and it had to be at least 8 feet in depth. THey just bagged due to lack of ppl coming out. I bet they could have kept it open until late april.

The only way we will get more days is if we head to VT. No time or flexible cash to head west, unless I can fix it into a business trip.

Well gotta run and have a good easter

GReg

Sorry to hear that Chubz. At least down here, Whitetail's slopes are pretty much melted away, so I'm not agonizing over why they aren't open.

Like I said, I'm just focusing hard on warm-weather sports! Right now we're surfing around looking at inline skates---we're just sick! :)

Happy Easter,

Scott

I just went up to Mt. Baker for the morning and rode the 30 inch dump for the week. Mind you, that makes a base of about 35 inches! Wet, heavy snow, was soaked by noon by the rain/snow. But I was BOARDING! Took the 160 Nitro I got from Bryan aka mr. oldsnowboards out for a few laps (got first chair!). Rode my homemade split for the rest of the morning. My intentions were to go out of bounds on a short trip to one of my close to the resort favs, but it was socked in above 6,000 feet. It's all good, though!

Originally posted by SWriverstone

Like I said, I'm just focusing hard on warm-weather sports! Right now we're surfing around looking at inline skates---

Inline skates? You want a longboard skateboard. Go waste some time over on ncdsa and you'll find what you'll be doing in warm weather (a bit of an overload of forums, but poke around a bit)...

joe...

Originally posted by joecarve

Inline skates? You want a longboard skateboard. Go waste some time over on ncdsa and you'll find what you'll be doing in warm weather (a bit of an overload of forums, but poke around a bit)...

joe...

Don't worry Joe---I've got an Insect Dragonfly coming this week! :) Just covering ALL my bases for spring/summer fun!

Scott

Originally posted by SWriverstone

Don't worry Joe---I've got an Insect Dragonfly coming this week! :) Just covering ALL my bases for spring/summer fun!

Scott

Hey Joe... what did you end up doing with your Dragonfly? I'm thinking about getting a Insect GS as a slalom board (to complement my Loaded Vanguard) but I recall you found your Dragonfly super stiff (I found it stiff too, but I was 20 lbs light than you at the time). Did you get used to it?