Note to New Members ×

any experience with these bindings?

Jutta

F2 Intec Challenge Comp 03/04

Bluetomato.at (who sell them new for $150) doesn't have any info on a suggested weight range for the rider, just an upper angle limit of 55 degrees, which wil be fine for the intended board.

Does anyone here know them? I'm looking for a softer intec setup for a 180 lb rider.

Thanks;

Jutta

:)

post-1666-141842202979_thumb.jpg

Guest Randy S.

I had the high-end F2 bindings. They were fine.

If you are looking for an inexpensive, flexible binding, why not get the Raichle X-Bones from Bomber. You're supporting the home team and you know who to go to if there's a problem. I've had decent luck with Blue-Tomato, but returns are a bitch and forget getting spare parts for F2 bindings (I've tried).

binding_raichle_xbone_lg.jpg

...that was just one of the sites I hit to get some references, along with several forums, google and the f2 homepage; but there seems to be no information on the targeted weight range.

I have an offer to buy them privately, but wanted some objective (i.e. not from the seller) opinion.

Here's my problem: I normally ride Burton toeclip bindings which never have given my 125lbs any trouble. Now I want to put a second set of bindings on my other (4 hole compatible) board but can't seem to find any cheap ones. Hubby normally rides TD2 step-ins, but is willing to trade me the oxygen toeclip bindings from his backup board so I don't have to buy intec heels for my boots. So now the question is: will this binding hold his 180 lbs? :confused:

It should be just fine for 180 lbs, I have an older version of that binding (Intec RS) and it works for me at 190.

BTW that 55 degrees is a suggested limit - those F2 binders rotate all the way around. There's no teeth either (it's a friction fit with a rubber ring) so you can get any angle you like.

What they said.

Blue Tomato's the closest place to here for gear, so I have bought most of my kit there for a fair number of years. They're good. But as pointed out, there are also places your side of the Atlantic.

I use the Intc/Proflex/F2 race bindings - the metal bits look the same as these, but there's less plastic stuff around and they look simpler. Im sure they'll all work, but the race bindings are really simple and effective.

I own a pair of F2's Intec Challenge Comp from 2002. It's exactly the same model you are looking for, only graphics have been modified. I do have some other F2s as well. No probs so far, I think the Challenge Comp is a fairly reliable, not too stiff binding (I weigh 74 kg - ca. 165 lbs).

The small cog wheels on the front bail need some attention, though. They tend to slacken after a couple of riding days, so check them every now and then.

BTW that 55 degrees is a suggested limit - those F2 binders rotate all the way around. There's no teeth either (it's a friction fit with a rubber ring) so you can get any angle you like.

Angles I ride are 60f, 55r. With that setting the default canting of 5° they come with makes no sense. I rather have both bindings flat on the board so the spare parts the bindings came with to set both to 0° come in handy.

Hope it helps.

fluke

Baka, we got them to fit, but only with two bolts. He only weighs 80lbs, so I didn't think it would present a problem. I check them before every outing and so far no problems. Too bad about the SnoPro's, I almost bid on them, but saw it was you and thought better.

Good luck,

Paul