Note to New Members ×

Ibex speed tc bindings: center disk/cant question

Kmf

Hello,

I have the chance to buy a hardly used set of Speed tc bindings for a second board. The bindings come with the rear cant and two disks. The rear binding disk has offset holes, which I’m not sure will match with the board unless the cant is used. Can this disk be used without the cant? Or do I need to have the same pattern/disk as the front?

I looked all over the net to see how they’re packaged new, no luck.

thanks

rear binding with cant,  hole offset

76A1886C-0613-4CD6-83EC-9C9DAF9E98FD.jpeg

Front binding no offset

40071D5C-81DA-42BB-B54E-566C2C8547F4.jpeg

Edited by Kmf

Thank you,

i figured it would work, but not sure if was meant to be. I assume there was another disk when sold new, is that correct?

I’ll try posting in the wtb to buy one, maybe somebody has an extra one laying around. Shipped new from a European shop is too pricey.

Edited by Kmf

You can find Burton 4-hole disks like your other one all over.  Back when they new bindings would come with 3-hole and 4-hole and if you bought the cant they might throw in the offset,  Then they started asking if you wanted 3 or 4 -hole and sell you the other set.   PM me

• 4 weeks later...

I got a question for this thread.  I got a set of these burton plates.  The only cant/lift option I have is the included disk that I have ridden on the rear foot, as pictured above.  It provides heel lift with a little bit of inward cant on the rear foot.

But This page suggests slight outward cant on the rear leg is optimal.  Has anyone ridden with it flipped?  (set to the Goofy side if stance is regular or vise-versa)

would anyone recommend ditching the disk and riding both feet flat?

interesting... ill just have to play around with different stances.  This vid is very helpful.

The cant/lift disk allows my rear leg to be set at a lower angle, thus probably warranting the inward cant.

I might try flat feet at the mellowest angles I can be on my board without overhang.  Its close enough to the neutral 60/60 and might be a good basis for calibration.

@Señor Chuggs Don't come away from the video thinking that an average binding angle of 60 degrees is the only cant neutral angle.

60 degrees is only cant neutral when your stance distance:zero cant distance ratio equals 2:1.  The secant curve shows that other ratios and binding angle combo's can also be cant neutral.

With flat bindings, a cant neutral stance means your knees will not be asked to bend unnaturally just by your stance. A flat stance means your legs will need to bend a bit more to deal with the lack of lift, but at least that will be in the normal directions of movement for your joints.

• Like 2

Good point.  Thank you for clarifying.  one day I might borrow a friends tools and take a whack at making my own custom wedges.  Right now I'm just trying to set up my limited equipment most optimally.

I remember watching this video a long time ago too.  Its great for reference.  Ill probably watch it again every time I'm thinking about another stance adjustment.  In fact, there are many chapters in the alpine snowboarding repository of knowledge that I find myself going back to every season as the stoke picks up.  Timeless knowledge!