Note to New Members ×

The Wasatch Trenchin' Convention

tilledog

Hey guys and gals,

The 2nd annual WTC, Utah's carving session, is here. We're scheduled to be at Park City Mountain Resort Sat, Sun and Tues, 5, 6 and 8 March respectively and Snowbasin on Monday the 7th. The weather is shaping up nicely for some great “trench diggin’”. A high pressure system has been in place for about a week now and looks like we’re going to continue to have some sunny bluebird Utah carving.

There’s a signup page here http://hardbooter.com/wtc/ This will give us an idea on #’s and also put you on the roster for the Snowbasin Discount ticket.

Bill and I will have boards from our collection to demo. We have a Madds, F2, Rad-Air, Catek and a size run of Raichle’s for those potential converts.

Fin will be out on Mon and Tues to ride and set up shop for demo as well. He will of course have Trench Diggers for demo and says he’s bringing a truck full of other goodies, I imagine some of the same lineup as SES. Thanks Fin for the sticky thread BTW.

Post here for comments, questions, ideas etc or you can also email:

mike@hardbooter.com

billy@hardbooter.com

dave@hardbooter.com

We also have a bunch of new pics up in our gallery so check em’ out!! We will forever be trying to catch up with Scott Firestone. What an effort Scott!! Thanks!!

All for now. I’ll be updating here AND over there for the WTC. See you there!!

Dave

A friend of mine has offered a condo at discount. It is at the Canyons Resort which is about 10 minutes from Park City Mountain Resort. It will sleep 6-8 people. 3 bedroom, 2 bath. Normally $250/night. He's offered it to WTC for 175/night. That's really cheap if someone can get some people together.

Here is the link to the condo

http://www.RedPineCondo.com

contact info is Skate April at 1-888-753-8574

I'll help coordinate if needed.

Davo

What do we need to bring to demo anything from Hardbooter or Bomber? Drivers' license, two forms of ID, 2nd mortgage form, firstborn child, case of beer, credit card?

I can only make one day of the WTC and I want to check out some new decks so I'm making sure I got all my bases covered.

Thanks,

Mark

BeeEEEEeeeR.....

Beer always goes a long way, especially in this state, as you know. The thicker the better.

We'll model Bomber SES system somewhat. There will be an index card representing each individual piece of gear that goes out and we'll attach your liscence to it. Sounds like your first born will be on the slopes so I guess that's out....

Dave

If anyone will be arriving before the 5th, or leaving after the 8th for the WTC, and would be interested in discount tickets to The Canyons, contact me.

Limited amount of discount tickets available....

If you want to know the discount, email me via my profile.

Yes, as all of you know we also like to drink beer. And when one thinks of the one place where the beer flows like wine, you think of Utah baby!

Our plan right now is to join the WTC on Monday at SnowBasin and then Tuesday at Park City. We'll be bringing the whole circus act with us, the tent and demo gear. We will have a full range of gear (boots, bindings, boards) so if you have a buddy that wants to try carving, this is the time! We will have a fleet of boards from F2, Donek, Virus, Swoard, Nidecker, and Prior. Will also have a barrel of TD2 bindings and X-bones (standard and step-in) and a full selection of Raichle SB413 boots for demo.

We'll also be trying a new event called "Skeet-Carving". Bordy has already run a few tests and once he gets back from the medical center he will let me know how it went. Dave, you said you will also be taking care of the insurance issue for this correct?

See everyone on Monday!

What a response we've had. There is quite a buzz about about carving in general in the snow sliding community whether it is a freestyler inquiring about plates or the hard-core skier that wants to try snowboarding but thinks that "tricks are for kids". The SES really has propelled us into trying to make this another demo galour for the long time alpiner and the first timer alike.

Sooo.. in response to the previous post, the WTC has been in place for awhile, the dates have been solidified for less than awhile with my new twins and knee surgery, but it has really evolved into quite an event within the past couple of weeks. I hope you can make it out next year and apologize for the apparent short notice. The Almanac says that this time of year is very carvy carvy/ high pressure so stay tuned for next years' dates to be posted sooner than later.

I have to say that Fin's interest in attending has probably the biggest factor in the inquiries we've gotten outside of Utah. There are so many logistical matters that we never took into consideration before as the first Annual WTC was just a meeting of metal edges at a snowboard shop and subsequent lift over 4 days. To have an physical space with gear demo has been very interesting to set up with the resorts to say the least. I take my hat off and have new found respect for the back end job that Michelle and Fin take on to put up the SES. Thanks so much for their guidence in this.

Can't wait to see you all on Sat!! (or sun, mon tues)

We'll bee meeting just east of the first time and Eagle Lift Beginning Sat at Park City. There will be a blue tent just up from the Eagle lift parking lot. If you don't know were this is, just ask a parking attendent or any PC employee. Snowbasin plot has not been solidified as of yet so check here, at the Bomber forum for a post on that. Should know no later than Fri.

Email me with any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Davo

I want to be the first to thank Fin and Dave for a fine outing today at Snowbasin. Mike, Billy, Skully too; Everyone went outta their way to make us dirtfarmers from up north feel welcome. Props to you all. Now I have a glimpse of what I've been missing at SES all these years.

I spent $42 for a lift ticket, $20 in fuel, and $13 for chinese food for supper. But what I got was a chance to ride equipment I've only heard about here and on hardbooter.com. I also got to watch some very accomplished carvers rail and I got to find out which Donek I want first, the Axis!

My poor son had to leave that newly adopted Madd 170 behind. I could see a huge change in his riding just from being on new equipment. We both got to check out TD2SI's, and Raichle 413's and instantly fell in love with both.

Thanks to Skully for riding with us on Beckers lift so many times.

Mark

Mega-Honk'n thanks to the guys at Hardbooter.com for making this go down! Sorry we where not able to make the first two days as we where in Tahoe for a Split Fest but we where able to make the last two days and had an absolute blast! Dave, Bordy, and Mike had everything dailed with the mountains so all I had to do was show-up, set-up, and then talk a bunch of smack on how I was going to out-carve everyone but then always have an excuse why I could not go out just then :D

I just wish the weather cold have been better. Blue skies and mild temps really pissed me off. I mean where is the cold white-out conditions I was hoping for?

Any-who, thanks again guys for putting on the WTC and I have put up a quick photo gallery HERE

Cheers!

post-1-141842202998_thumb.jpg