Note to New Members ×

what would be a good "slalom" board for me?

D-Sub

I just got one, that board I really feel at home on its really snappy and fun to ride

my coiler 190 performs better in the hard stuff though

and is way more predictable

yeah I assume you are out of the weight range for the shorty just be careful

I assume you are out of the weight range for the shorty just be careful

? Not to be overly sensitive to my Clydesdale status, but I have never seen a weight range on boards. If there is a range, I would assume it would be the design weight for the particular performance characteristics of the board, not a limit for any safety reasons. Any board designers out there?

thats odd...almost every board Ive seen in quite some time had a target weight

its not necessarily about safety, more about performance, altho eventually if you overpower the performance capabilities of a board or any machine for that matter things can lean toward unsafe

Think of it kinda like riding a bike that is too small. Sure, you can ride it slow and at medium speed, but at high speeds...look out. A smaller carving stick can be fun in crowded conditions at slower speeds.

Carving is a high speed sport. My Santa Cruz 156cm race board is too small for me (recommended 150lbs or less). When I do get on it, It turns really sharp, the edge digs in hard and I lose all my speed.

The short Madds are the only board that I know of that will handle the extra weight and still perform well.

--Hugh