Note to New Members ×

No longer for sale- Atomic Backland AT Boots 29.0-29.5

lonbordin

I'm rescinding my offer... these are no longer for sale.

Atomic Backland Boots 2016/2107 model ($324 at REI right now).
How about $250 shipped.

@pokkis uses this boot and designed a spring system... I was planning on following in his footsteps but my ankle injury/surgery has made it not possible due to fit reasons.  These boots have only been worn inside.  Minty. 

SUPER light!

29.0-29.5 318 BSL

image.png.993d6dfcbea6fb529be0a10d095a5029.png
Photo album

Edited by lonbordin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, P06781 said:

Nice ! tempting 

I've actually corresponded to Onenerdykid (instagram) about how if Atomic made a BTS system for this boot they'd instantly be a leader in hardboot snowboarding.  These boots are from the future... no lie!

Edited by lonbordin

^I will bet you one donut (of quality, mind you) that if you replaced the original power strap with an elastic Booster®, and selectively modified the tongue, those would ride just fine without resorting to the spring assembly.

Though the real purpose of the aluminum block and spring might be to keep them from blowing away in a gentle breeze.

7 minutes ago, Beckmann AG said:

^I will bet you one donut (of quality, mind you) that if you replaced the original power strap with an elastic Booster®, and selectively modified the tongue, those would ride just fine without resorting to the spring assembly.

Though the real purpose of the aluminum block and spring might be to keep them from blowing away in a gentle breeze.

These definitely have that flex you mentioned in a PM, without the holes.  That spine is strong but the tongue is not.  They are so freakin' light.  Like can't believe these are lighter than my sneakers light.  If I had to work the mountain all day as say a skiing patroller... these would be high on the list. The 26/26.5 shell is quoted at 1110 grams (That's 2.45 lbs for you freedom unit folk).

I ate a waffle the other day with greater mass.

Had a pair in hand a few hours ago, and the owner skis them without the external tongue. I'd think those would be quite the ticket for a finesse rider (?) on an appropriate board.

As a side note regarding that other 'top secret' modification:

Have noticed, (and have corroborating feedback from other willing participants/victims) that poor visibility/low light/fog/uneven snow, etc., are much less of a concern afterward. To say nothing of the gains in dexterity etc.

• LOL 1

35 minutes ago, Beckmann AG said:

the owner skis them without the external tongue

Well I guess there's not that much to the tongue anyway... it's not even responsible for keeping the snow out.

Edited by lonbordin
These boots walk a narrow line between softboots and hardboots... don't tell the softbooters. ;-)

I know a few folks who LOVE this model as their splitboard boots, if they were my size I would want them just for that! But it sounds like both of you ride them as a normal hardboot for carving, too - very cool. Could be a very versatile setup for someone who splits and carves...