Note to New Members ×

Burton 3-D discs for F2?

1xsculler

So, the 4X4 hole-set is a 40mm square. Burton saw what Harry was doing (in conjunction w/ F-2, in '92), and purposely made their new hole pattern just a bit bigger, in a triangle (so, you could Use Burton Bindings on other boards, but not the other-way-around). That Triangle is 42mm along each leg. So, a little bit (like 2mm) of grinding along the F-2 slot [on each slot], and one well-placed hole later, you've 'converted' your F-2's to fit on a Burton board. NASA applies (Not All Stances Available), however, so plan accordingly.

As they said, it's a question of drilling one hole in the binding plate.

I also had some original F2 3D disks, but I gave them away years ago as it was easier to drill one of my 4x4 plates than to carry two sets of plates around the world.

If you put the hole in the right and obvious place, you then only need to drill one additional hole to accommodate the modern Burton track boards. That's what this image (below) shows. You can probably use un-drilled plates if you accept that they're not going to be aligned correctly. 26026104_10213209405861554_1692188369659098916_o.jpg.8cabed5b65a81aca5f8ef156d2077c83.jpg

I've just determined that no hole drilling is required you just have to file the slots in the F2 plate a little wider and four screws fit right in.  This doesn't appear to damage the plate for standard 4 x 4 mounting.  I think I'll file the top few threads off of the black F2 machine screws so I won't have to file quite as much on the sides of the slots in the F2 mounting plates.

Edited by 1xsculler