Note to New Members ×

Fixing a core shot in my Donek Incline

pmorita

Need some advice on a base repair.  Conditions were Terrible at Okemo this weekend and managed to get a two foot long gouge in my base, down to the wood core.  Not near the edge though and about an 1/8 inch wide at the worst part.  

Question, can I ptex this, do I need a special welding stick or do I need to spend money and take it to a shop? 

Like Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times: "My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

Boot pro at the bottom of the access road to Okemo is your shop, I just  picked up my MK, it had the factory grind and near the edges the ptex was raised by the edge serrated metal, they sounded like a zzzzazzzzza on ice, and the board was slow, and the grind was great, the edges are 3-1, and it's inexpensive, fixing the bottom is an easy job when you've done it hundreds of times, the skimd used to do a grind that leaned from the right to the left, their (boot pro) winterSteiger leaves a beautiful symmetrical grind, if they cut a chunk it and weld in a new one all the better, I tried Okemo on wed, the grooming was atrocious, like they spread water with a zamboni then smoothed it. The day before I was at Sunapee, where it was fabulous, go figure.