Note to New Members ×

Burton Custom X Channel risers

Sean in Maine

Hey to all of you with Burton's with channel binding mounts...

I am searching for riser plates that I can use on my new board. 

Burton 154 Custom X 2018

Have any of you had the need and just said Fuck it and drilled new holes into the  plate or core of this board to mount the Bombers? 

Or better yet, have you found a way to mount by changing the hole sequence in the plates?

Either, or,  I am all for it, as I am not worried about warranties or manufacturer recommendations... I will just make things work.

I tried to find out how wide the aluminum plate was in the board, as that would be grand... but Burton, so far, is remaining vague.

I am tempted to drill as I must, and if I go beyond the aluminum plate... oh well.

I should be able to put in some threaded inserts, right? 

Right?

So.... all you tech-genius's may reply with your real life solutions. Thanks in advance.

I will add that I may be making my own risers to work with the "Channel" system, so if they end up being pretty decent then I will share what I came up with.

And to all of you who have friendly advice about what I should ride instead, or how I should ride or whatever....

there is no need, I am good.

Be Well, Sean

I believe the guys at Endeavour snowboards incorporate  the channel in some of their boards - might be easier to get some info from them rather than Burton. PhilW has modified plates on channel mounts so he will have some info too.

Thanks for your thoughts, it is very much appreciated.

I will send a query to Endeavour. Philw is a person, a company...?   I will google it, and there it will be, right?

With what I have found so far, it looks like I am going to machine up some riser plates! Woo-Hoo!

A NOTE TO ALL: THE BINDINGS I AM USING ON THE BOARD ARE BURTON GENESIS with DRIVER boots. So I am looking to retro-fit the Bomber riser setup for soft boots. 

Be Well, 

I'm not sure if this helps, but here's how you drill F2 plates to fit Channel boards. This works perfectly on anything except the 1st season boards which had none-standard bolt hardware, if I remember correctly. I've had zero issues with this approach for about a decade of use across lots of boards. This one is he Dump Truck.

But you're I think talking about the other way around - drilling the board so you can add inserts... I've no experience of that but you could presumably work it out. You could always experiment on an old/ damaged board to see how they're built I suppose...

26026104_10213209405861554_1692188369659098916_o.jpg