Note to New Members ×

Binding Release

bumpyride

Just posted this in another section, but thought it might be useful here.  I've been using this system for the past 10+ years. No more bending down to release bindings at lift and am able to release anywhere on the hill, even in very awkward positions.  First decided this was a good idea when I had to try and release at a cliff face with very poor positioning. Hope this helps.

This is my quick release system for intecs. Derlin quick release buckles that will fit into Intec handles, 8' of 5/8" webbing (REI), and a Nylon Double Biner. Threaded through my pants, up through jacket sleeve and and into mittens. Long enough webbing to reach approximately the bottom of the palm of my hand when my arm is fully extended, but short enough to activate Intec release when holding the Biner and fully extending my arm. 

Yes it is more difficult to release when the binding is loaded upwards, but pulling and doing a little hop should release it when hanging upside down.

12.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by bumpyride
Brain Fart
  • Like 2

The climber in me would always listen.  The same system has been in place for 10+ years and never failed.  The nylon is already double backed and is quite difficult to thread through with that webbing, and much more difficult than any of my climbing harnesses.  I prefer the nylon biners because or risk to damage to hands in a fall, and they only have to hold maybe 20 lbs, and cold transfer/heat loss are also a factor.   The Derlin buckles are under the same stress.  If one wanted to make a failsafe system, metal would be OK. Thanks for the input.

Interesting Bumpy............I have had holes sewn into Virtaka bibs for my Fintec handles to pop through the outside of my pants right at the exact level.....no problem with EC.

my How about some more photos showing connection to your Intec pull handle?