Note to New Members ×

SOLD // Donek 170 Nomad // SOLD

workshop7

Price drop.

I bought this during the summer of 2016 from the Donek summer sale.  It was not a demo or a proto.  It was a new stock custom Nomad.  I wanted it because I planned to be in CO for two weeks this season.  I did ride it in Steamboat for 10 days in mostly powder conditions.  There were a few blue bird groomer days in there as well.  I love the board.  However, I don't see myself using it a lot living in NH.  I also have my eye on something else for next season.  It is in near perfect condition.  The only flaw is a tiny nick in the top sheet right on the edge of the nose (see pic).

I paid $800 for it new.  I am looking to get $400.  Buyer pays shipping.

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3692.JPG

Edited by workshop7

Hey, I know that Donek recommends riding Nomads pretty short, at least by Bomber standards, which makes me think I'd be undersized for this. Do you have an idea of the recommended height / weight for this board? 

The Flux is a metal board and the Nomad is glass.  The difference between the two is similar to the difference between two hardboot, carve specific boards, one metal and the other glass.  

There are many differences.  Most of them are subtle though, except for two.  The first is how they ride in powder.  

With the big binding setback, the Nomad is better in powder.

The other big difference between the two is their noses.  The Nomad has much more of the board in front of you.  It is very wide and has a lot of rocker.  Both of these attributes help with its amazing float in freshies.

I had no problem getting very aggressive on corduroy with the Nomad.  The board holds an edge very well.

• Like 1