Note to New Members ×

FEELIN' FRISKY

Gossamer

When Backcountry Magazine is on your mountain testing skis for their gear test issue and some of the best skiers around are here and you want to take a little poke at them for their archaic manner of getting down the mountain. I did ski once upon a time so I do appreciate the turns they make but I've never seen one of them turning and looking like the earth is falling away from them, a feeling I get multiple times every run. I love riding up with them and when they ask about my snowboard I answer with the joy of a child on a brand new bicycle, "that's my Monster!" Archaic may be a little harsh but I do love a word that begins with ARC, I'll just say I believe skiing is as retro as the jacket. Kipp

Copy of DSCN5133 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3

I have some old ski patches from those days as well.  As a kid, my brother and I, loved skiing.  We would try to copy Wayne's moves when we got to go skiing.  Skiing itself was considered an extreme sport then.  Thanks for sharing the photos.