Note to New Members ×

difference in ski/board tuning kits?

rikytheripster

I don't know anything about ski's, but they should be pretty much the same. Make sure you get the widest wax scraper you can for snowboards.

If I had to do it over I would just buy a wax scraper, nice diamond stones, gummi stone, and a edge tool. Then buy scotch brite pads from wal-mart. They do great for finishing touches on your wax jobs.

Hope this helps.

get what was mentioned. heck..if you get a proper tune to start, you dont even need an edge tool!

just some gummi stones to remove burrs, polishing stones to do the fine tuning, wax, a good scraper, and something to buff it out. a brush or scrub pads. es todo!

thats where I get most of my stuff

I am a big fan of the swix exactor

just keep the peg clean and it is accurate enough allot of tune geeks will tell you only to use a machined file guide but its not that bid of a difference as long as you either start with a good tune or careful while you tune(keeping the pegs flat on the base)

daimond stones are pretty important if you have a coarse one and a medium or fine one, the coarse stone will eliminate the need for a file unless you really need to remove allot of edge

finer stones for polishing