Note to New Members ×

What's this piece on top of upper boot cuff?

Hiroshi

Hi folks,

What's this piece (silver piece in pic) on top of upper boot cuff?  What's it called, and what's it's purpose/function?

I ask because I'm upgrading from SB-224 to Track 325, and thinking of simply transferring over this silver piece from the 224 to the 325 just so that (I hope) I don't have to re-bake my TF liners to modify for the imprint of that silver piece.

Thanks for your info in advance,

Hiroshi

bootcuff.jpg

Edited by Hiroshi
typo

That's a cuff spoiler. It's there to support a stock liner from over-bending from heelside turns. It doesn't add any real shock absorption. It's removable in the case that one's calf muscles are in need of more volume. Given that you have molded your liners with that imprinted, I'd be inclined to keep it in your shell's cuff. But, if switching boot shells, possibly any void there could be filled with sticky-back bootfitting foam.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on the "spoiler".  So, that's what's it for!

Anyway, I just transferred over the "spoilers" from the 224s, and - with my same TF 'as-is' - the new(-to-me) 325s feel very familiar/comfortable already (nothing strange) - at least so in the garage so far.  (Will see on snow.)  Since the shell mold/shape is pretty much the same between 224 & 325 anyway, I guess no surprise there.

Thanks again, 

Hiroshi

new325.jpg

Edited by Hiroshi

So far we've got 350s, 335s and 325s.  I'm assuming all of those are referring to his new, to him, 325s.  I just couldn't help myself from pointing this out.

The used T700s I just sold here had those spoilers on the rear of the cuffs as did a pair of Indys I sold a while ago. Will those same spoilers fit current 325s?

Edited by 1xsculler
error

21 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

So far we've got 350s, 335s and 325s. .....

..... Will those same spoilers fit current 325s?

LOL, my bad - thanks for pointing it out (& I fixed my typo's above).

Yes, the "spoiler" pieces from my old SB-224's to new(-to-me) Track 325's were exact fit.