Note to New Members ×

FS: Lot Catek bindings - $455

tdifan_2003

I have a lot of Catek bindings for sale. All as pictured.

2 Full sets of standard, long plates, with D3 Elastomeres. One of them has Gold plates. All hardware included.

One “almost” complete – short, Gold plates – brand new, with D3 elastomeres. Toe/Hell blocks for this set are brand new. To complete this set – it needs – toes and heels bails and two power plate pads.

Many extra hardware screws I had ordered from Jeff at different times.

One set of Catek original spacers and one home made - $65 shipped for both .

Please look at all the pictures and let me know if any questions.

I am open to trades, as well. I have enough boards and other bindings, so no acute need in this department.

$455 for the whole lot, shipped – preferred.

If no takers for the entire lot, I may consider splitting it. $175 + shipping for each of the complete sets and $150 + shipping for the other set.

Best is to e-mail me at m underscore peev at hotmail

Thanks!

Millen

Catek 1.jpg

Catek 2.jpg

Catek 3.jpg

Catek 4.jpg

Catek 5.jpg

Plates 1.jpg

Edited by tdifan_2003

What's the deal with the Catek spacers? Know little about them. They're risers? Mounted at a fixed angle? What's the width and lift specs (Catek and custom)? 

Anything else I should ask? 

How much hardware and weight does it add to my ride?

Burton risers, adds 8 screws, negligible weight added, but limits binding angles to stupid low (max out at like 20/20), 

Catek Freeride, heavier than typical softboot bindings and means riding with tools in my pocket,

Bomber Power Plates, makes my ride heavy and adds 14 screws as compared to just bindings to board

(noting those 2 shortcomings, I'll follow up by saying, I absolutely LOVE Power Plates...the nuisances of added weight and hardware were COMPLETELY forgiven after 3 turns of first time trying them). If you EVER spent time-on-the-fence asking whether you should try Power Plates...prioritize trying a set before season end, you'll regret having procrastinated this long, glad you took my SAGE ADVICE and didn't wait any longer. I have absolutely waisted money on snowboarding (multiple times). For every "good" board I've bought, I've got two more that...ehh, just didn't work out, and massive amounts of gear that rarely gets used.

Power Plates - money.well.spent.

Edited by Smilin'Dave

On 1/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, Smilin'Dave said:

What's the deal with the Catek spacers? Know little about them. They're risers? Mounted at a fixed angle? What's the width and lift specs (Catek and custom)? 

Anything else I should ask? 

How much hardware and weight does it add to my ride?

Burton risers, adds 8 screws, negligible weight added, but limits binding angles to stupid low (max out at like 20/20), 

Catek Freeride, heavier than typical softboot bindings and means riding with tools in my pocket,

Bomber Power Plates, makes my ride heavy and adds 14 screws as compared to just bindings to board

(noting those 2 shortcomings, I'll follow up by saying, I absolutely LOVE Power Plates...the nuisances of added weight and hardware were COMPLETELY forgiven after 3 turns of first time trying them). If you EVER spent time-on-the-fence asking whether you should try Power Plates...prioritize trying a set before season end, you'll regret having procrastinated this long, glad you took my SAGE ADVICE and didn't wait any longer. I have absolutely waisted money on snowboarding (multiple times). For every "good" board I've bought, I've got two more that...ehh, just didn't work out, and massive amounts of gear that rarely gets used.

Power Plates - money.well.spent.

Spacers - I think, they have absolutely NO function as risers or any other property realted to the Power Plates. They are just extra thick "gaskets", for lack of better word :). They do protect metal (especially old metal boards) from extra hard metal bidnings - Cateks and TDs. 

Thanks!

Millen

• 1 month later...