Note to New Members ×

what do you do when....

Guest kriss

you are in the east, beautiful day,a couple of inches of new snow that bumps up almost everywhere within a couple of hours.do you ride the bumps? switch to softies? hang out on the deck? go home?

In another thread, I mentionned how much I don't want to ride my soft setup anymore, so last Thursday evening I took out my 18.5 cm wide freecarve board in thoses conditions. Yes, it is quite hard to ride in this. I did not think to try with my boots in the walk mode though. I still managed to make a couple of good turns in ungroomed snow. But at the end of the evening, after only 3 hours of riding, my legs were empty and burning up.

Be a versatile rider! Just because conditions are not perfect cordoroy shouldn't mean that you can't ride them. Take out the one board you are most comfortable on and have fun. It's truly amazing to rip on cordoroy and hard pack, but even better when the conditions are not quite that and you can still hang with the non-carving crowd.