Note to New Members ×

Calling All Cars, Calling All Cars

Chubz

Just so you know, it was the 3rd picture in the link. In the magazine, it covers almost two full pages and extends at least 6-7 feet behind him to give it a nice spread and landscape type look.

The paragraph next to the photo indicated they had about one hour of time to the slopes by themselves, except for patrol and then about an hour before it got crowded. I can't imagine having fresh cord, sun on the slope, riding with world class carvers and no meat gates for about 2 hours. Some day....maybe some day:(

Oops. That page was for "limited consumption." Ideally, having that sweet carving shot in the mag would cause a bunch of carvers to go out and buy The Snowboard Journal, boosting circulation, which would then prompt more articles about carving, which would result in more new subscriptions from carvers, etc.

Here is a size-reduced peep-show version that falls within the bounds of fair use:

sc_mid.jpg

At first glance it looks like a toeside, but upon closer inspection it's fully-railed, pinup-quality heelside. The shot captures the moment when it seems that a rider has all but defied the laws of physics.

Not trying to bust anyone's aaaankle here, just as a photographer if anyone asks to use an already published shot ( something like this ) for a noncommercial purpose I will usually say yes. It's just nice to know what is going on with your images.

It is an awesome shot. And I will maybe go buy the mag. I had given up on all the snowboard mags as they seem to be mostly jib and huckfests that have little to do with respect for the mountains or have any real creative input of any kind.

Makes me sound like an old fart - oh well.

jerry

The intent of my original post was for a couple reasons. To give props on such and excellent display of carving workmanship and the ability to capture it in a unique circumstance on that day. And to acknowledge a piece of carving in the only Snowboard Mag that I can tolerate.

My apologies go out to those who were involved with its making. No harm was intended. Hell, if was me who took the pic, I would be jazzed as pigs in mud to have it shared with folks who appreciate TSJ for the great mag it is.

I forgot that we live in a society that someone can get a copyright on Let's get ready to R%$B#E!! And sue if it is used without permission. A bit ridiculous.