Note to New Members ×

Tanker Tanker Tanker

Smilin'Dave

• 2 months later...

Dave, what you truly want, is a 162 Tanker Crown! Good luck with that.. Sorry, I wish I could still just put an order in, and get you a board.. However, in the R/A stable, keep an eye out for the '03 to '06 Reto 164cm boards. Less of a 'powder hound', more of a fast carver than a mid-small Tanker, but still very versatile. Also, look for the 161 or 165 World Wide, most any year from '01 on, or the '02-'05 Indy 165 (which is narrower than a W.W.). These boards are a tad softer than a Tanker, but still carve well, and love floating in freshies! The W.W. is so good at floating that I own a 153cm, just for goofing off and romping woods. A non R/A board that'll also fit the Tanker Small role is Volkl's Selecta. It's as good overall, with a slight de-merit in that the bonded 'tailcone' can get cracked if stuffed into something hard while going switch (oops, didn't see the rock after the 540 of a cliff.. Yeah, my bad...). Although, my gut feeling is that you'll have eventually get Donek to make a small, light version of a Hazelwood for you...

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR

11 hours ago, Eric Brammer aka PSR said:

Although, my gut feeling is that you'll have eventually get Donek to make a small, light version of a Hazelwood for you...

...that will probably last forever. Or until the inevitable and richly deserved return of Beelzebub, which will wipe all traces of snow from the Earth, rendering the Hazelwood useless anyway.