Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Conditions From May 14- New Update!

barryj

Was up today when the lifts opened.  Runs had been groomed but it hadn't been below freezing all week so it never set up.

Tried do some hard charging with  my Swoard Dual but it was to soft to lay it over even on the 1st run for me.......... so I switched out to the Moss snowstick and had a blast busting through the mush....the Moss busts through it just like it's bumped up pow.  It was all bumped up slush  by 10:30am   I had to stop twice to add coats of flourinated jet wax when I started sticking.

Still top to bottom conditions but lots of wind blown brown snow where they didn't groom....and todays grooming effort was fewer trails than last week

I was done by 11:30  and glad I went,  but doubt I'll go back next weekend unless it gets allot cooler overnight this coming week  :(

Edited by barryj

New Update as of May15!

According  to  weatherunderground forecast, projected overnight lows for this coming weekend Will Be Below Freezing (high 20's) for town of Mammoth at 8000ft   ...........and with highs only in the 50's could mean.......... GAME ON!!!   :biggthump

Edited by barryj