Note to New Members ×

price decrease for coiler 164wcc

MR. JOHN DEERE !

Originally posted by ar(angel

thanks,

Paul

hey paul, there are some pics already on the site, they are titled under pictures you requested. it is actually a picture of my 181 that i sold, but the boards were identical.i will try to put it at the front page, i origionally posted it around mid january. let me know need to sell. 781 858 0539.jd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

Might be interested in your Coiler, it this is the right length, sidecut, taper, stiffness, etc for my 13 year old son. I don't know a whole lot about the above specs and would need to seek advise.

For your information, my son presently weighs about 100 lbs, is 5 ft. 1 inch tall. He races GS up here in Ontario, Canada on the Provincial circuit (akin to your state or regional races, as distinct from national). We don't have alot of powderl alot of hard pack and ice. He's been placing 3rd to 5th in his age group lately.

He presently rides a Donek 165 GS that belonged to Mat Clayes when he was my sons height and weight. But we'll need a board for next year, when I expect he'll have grown afew inches and put on 10 lbs or so. Can't likely afford one of Bruce's customs, but am hoping to find the right board with the right specs. So I'm starting to key my eye out now, as this might take quite a while before the right Coiler or Donek etc comes up.

So, can you tell me more about your board, its specs, whose been riding it and for what purpose, age/size/weight/capability, etc.

Thanks

Julian

Julian

The boards you're asking about won't work well for people under 140 pounds, please check with Bruce to confirm this. You'd be further ahead in dollars and time to go for a production board (Volkl, F2, Burton) in the short to mid 160's for your son to use and progress in his riding, as these customs will be too stiff and will put him off. I've been though all this with my son, and at 100 pounds the last thing you want is a board that holds him back.

When are you switching over to snowboards?

Thanks John, Chris. We'll take your advise and pass on this particular board.

FYI, the board that Alex is riding now was a custom build Donek ... for another rider when he was Alex's current weight and height, etc. We bought it used. It's just perfect for Alex now. Its a great board that has really helped.

So custom Coilers or Doneks etc can be great. But they need to be built with the right specs for the rider.

We lucked out with the Donek. We're just hoping there's a used one out there for next year's season.

Julian

Originally posted by manch_mike

have another beer guy.

listen you f$%#@&^ slob, keep drinkin you tree hugger ales from the franconia notch brewing company and the size for next decente one piecer will be size SE, small elephant, ova!!! love j.d

eh guy you got a rod? thanks bud, hows abowt some flame? eh thanks guy your an ace.

dont even get me started on you A$$ H@le. at least 10 of the extra 20lbs ive chucked on since i went too C.O ova 3 years ago are your fault. ho, lets see the Cherry Cricket. "hi my name is starski, this is my buddy pyscho,don't druel honey, he's real, you can even touch him if you'd like, or just give a call on his bat phone. anyways hunn, i would like a 55 gallon bucket of hummiss to dipp my 10 pitchers bud diet i'm abowt to berry in the next two hours.oh my diesel jeans, yeah i jumped out of my 3rd floor window to get these on, but forget the spandex jeans hunn. what do your think of my white and red leather puma's? my foot modeling buddies from balls industries, say that they really match my ducatti so well. you have a duc, oh you didn't know i had a duc, yeah its out front. i love duc's. if i were to be your couger would you buy a seat kit for it, it would look hot. do it hunn, just do it! what were we there 2 nights a week or three i cant remember, i had a real ice eating problem back then, the ice was good though some nights the ice tasted like tangere and some the ice tasted like a red bull type of substance i cant recall. I.E the P.M, THE SLOPE JOINT with chris, "yooouu, you no nice !!!!!!!!", the giggling grizzly, oh and who could forget the moose jaw that was always a really good idea, go out thursday night, stay up till at leats 3am, be at work at six. be a pile of dog **** by ten a.m put down 2 chipolte burrito's at 12. then be with derraleke and mugattu 1st thing a.m on satday. oh yeh lets not forget the caribu klub. chillin with fitty cent. then lotus the super club, that was a blast good thing taren only gave me a half of a rufi, shes so much fun. oh yeah dont forgett to mail my langer bangers you hummiss eatin slob. ova

Originally posted by john deere

dont even get me started on you A$$ H@le. at least 10 of the extra 20lbs ive chucked on since i went too C.O ova 3 years ago are your fault. ho, lets see the Cherry Cricket. "hi my name is starski, this is my buddy pyscho,don't druel honey, he's real, you can even touch him if you'd like, or just give a call on his bat phone. anyways hunn, i would like a 55 gallon bucket of hummiss to dipp my 10 pitchers bud diet i'm abowt to berry in the next two hours.oh my diesel jeans, yeah i jumped out of my 3rd floor window to get these on, but forget the spandex jeans hunn. what do your think of my white and red leather puma's? my foot modeling buddies from balls industries, say that they really match my ducatti so well. you have a duc, oh you didn't know i had a duc, yeah its out front. i love duc's. if i were to be your couger would you buy a seat kit for it, it would look hot. do it hunn, just do it! what were we there 2 nights a week or three i cant remember, i had a real ice eating problem back then, the ice was good though some nights the ice tasted like tangere and some the ice tasted like a red bull type of substance i cant recall. I.E the P.M, THE SLOPE JOINT with chris, "yooouu, you no nice !!!!!!!!", the giggling grizzly, oh and who could forget the moose jaw that was always a really good idea, go out thursday night, stay up till at leats 3am, be at work at six. be a pile of dog **** by ten a.m put down 2 chipolte burrito's at 12. then be with derraleke and mugattu 1st thing a.m on satday. oh yeh lets not forget the caribu klub. chillin with fitty cent. then lotus the super club, that was a blast good thing taren only gave me a half of a rufi, shes so much fun. oh yeah dont forgett to mail my langer bangers you hummiss eatin slob. ova

Hey prick, you bored? i sent your lange bangs

don;t forget about the ride home from chopper....reemus i just need you to stay awake....two minutes later drooling on you cds

---starsky

Originally posted by wavechaser

This thread has obviously degenerated OOC...but that is some FUNNY SH** man...have you ever thought of doing a NH woodchuck standup routine JD? I'm serious.

never too old, not thirty yet. but i look like im 50. the chicks are really diggin my new look. look sharp race sharp! j.d

Guest hbdad

I'm interested in the board and would like to know if you have a better photo?

How many times has the board been base grinded and what are your bevels on the board?

If you want you can email me directly.

Thanks for your time.

Re:164

JD, the 164 is a great board, I have been stomping the sh%! out of it or the other way around. Just wanted to say thanks for the great deal. People keep asking me about the stickers and I keep making stuff up. The boys are jealous.

Paul

Originally posted by Face

Re:164

JD, the 164 is a great board, I have been stomping the sh%! out of it or the other way around. Just wanted to say thanks for the great deal. People keep asking me about the stickers and I keep making stuff up. The boys are jealous.

P

aul

paul, thats great that you love it. tell your buddies i have one more left. its a 196, i had her out this weekend, its in the best shape out of the three its only been used 10 times. i miss em already, ive been borrowing boards from my buddies, and there not doing it for me. but im glad your happy with the 164. keep in touch joec