Note to New Members ×

Great show for the lift

Banjo Bill

Weds night wi'll hard booting it with my daughter just cruising down under the chair lift at a local small mnt. some how during a healside turn my wieght got over the front of the board I was launched Did a few end over ends and Broke 4 ribs and a had a (pnumothorax) partally collasped lung

Dam that hurts LOL

But lots a meds to help....looking foward to next season..

See ya'll next year

I'm finding that heelside wipeouts at speed are very hard, like "let out a yelp" hard. Probably b/c the board just goes out from under me and I butt/tailbone absorbs impact. Ironically, not sore today after yesterday's hard fall, maybe b/c I already fell once the same way a few weeks ago and my body is used to it.

If you don't fall though, you're prolly not pushing yourself enough...

===

Barry

d-sub, Jim Callen,

thx for those Linx. I remember reading about that tail gator just a few days ago- was there a thread on this? I remember people saying there needed to be more info on it, specifically pics. I really am not into buying any kind of clothes online (b/c I like to try it out) but for the price, I guess I can't go wrong. Does anyone have any experience with this tail gator thing?

D-sub, re: riding low, yes I agree, but I know when I wash out heel side my feet and the board literally go straight up, which re focuses all the impact in one area, and this has been much more painful than any other wipeouts I've had.

Jim, what in teh heck, lol? I just briefly skimmed the page, but what is in this "magic solution"? Is it safe? For right now, I'm going to go with the "preventative" strategy rather than "deal with the symptoms," although I'm curious how this balm works.

I feel fine today.

The falls I've had were never that bad (well except once many years ago trying to show off under a lift! ended up with a sore butt, but nothing major!) .... if I fall on my alpine board most of the time it's either cause I lose an edge and just slide..... those kind of falls are pretty fun, but sometimes you get to wondering if you're going to stop! And slidding down a hill on frozen cordoury on your butt can really be a bummer! The other kind of fall I've experienced is when the snow is soft and the board just kind of sinks into the snow and the board stops going forward. I don't know if it's good to get more aggressive in those kind of conditions to power through it, or to ease off and not edge so hard.

I would think the falls on freestyle stuff would be much worse. Much easier to catch an edge while spinning, jumping, etc. I for one, am quite content to keep my feet on the ground, so I avoid those kinds of falls at all times!

Kathy

JimCallen,

LOL, although I don't doubt there are benefits to using this (and I maytry it), I'm gonna have to side with D-Sub on this, as I'm a bit skeptical re: the broken rub deal. That's like "snake oil" territory, lol. I'm curious what a dr. would say, though. Interesting stuff.

===

Barry