Note to New Members ×

Softboot bindings - Flow NX2 GT Hybrid Binding-Gunmetal-L

Apex Insider

I'd offer you a ride in Gnu/Elfgen tongued bindings, but my last extra pair had the tongues crack  (Snifff), but those bindings were the schnitzell!  If you find an old (pre-'92) Gnu somewhere, consider putting those tongues into the Flows (or, as I did last winter, into T-9 Bradshaws).  I do wish someone who makes stuff knew a little history, or, enough from which revisit and update ideas like those...

Yes, these bindings are quite stiff and very burly. We bought them to test our Gecko Stealth plates with a variety of softboot bindings and they worked very well together.

I think $200 (+shipping) is more than fair for what are virtually new bindings. I will even provide a receipt for warranty purposes.

And yes, they have a toecap. They also are canted 2.5 degrees inward and have a lot of adjustments to get the fit just right.

Good info here: http://flow.com/technology/bindings

Edited by Apex Insider

I don't know how the compare however I tried Union factory after I had a strap break. Yes parts break occasionally. I'm 215 and push hard...and the unions were supposed to be super stiff. I dug the heel cup in the snow every heel-side and found that no matter what I did to adjust the highback to the heel cup, I could not get them to align properly. I am on next years Nx2Gt standard and will have them on snow at ATC on a modified Donek saber with Bomber power plates if any one wants to give it a go

I don't know how the compare however I tried Union factory after I had a strap break. Yes parts break occasionally. I'm 215 and push hard...and the unions were supposed to be super stiff. I dug the heel cup in the snow every heel-side and found that no matter what I did to adjust the highback to the heel cup, I could not get them to align properly. I am on next years Nx2Gt standard and will have them on snow at ATC on a modified Donek saber with Bomber power plates if any one wants to give it a go

Sorry for the thread jack, but having tried many of the discussed bindings, I thought I would add my perspective.

Since I have ridden hard boots, a ton of soft boot bindings, including the current diodes, now drive's , and am currently on Union T.Rice's and was not happy with the straps, I have taken the plunge and purchased the NX2 GT's and a pair of Now O-drive's.

I am still waiting for the O-drive's, but my initial impression of the NX2's is...WOW!

Just floor surfing and adjusting bindings was great. Bindings look bomber and feel great with my feet strapped in. Won't get to put them to the test until the end of February at Mt Baker, but will give feedback on the NX2 v/s O-Drive.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Cheers,

Sandy

post-274-0-08978500-1454733001_thumb.jpe

post-274-0-86233800-1454733023_thumb.jpe

I have taken the plunge and purchased the NX2 GT's and a pair of Now O-drive's.

Doubling-down on your threadjack, these are the two bindings I'm considering now, so more insight would be appreciated! I've got a couple pairs of Catek FR2s (with Ride El Hefe highbacks to replace the laughable stock versions) and a pair of El Hefes mounted on Power Plates. I'm not convinced I can't get the same performance from the Flows or the O-drives (on Power Plates), but with the benefit of a much reduced heel loop.

Doubling-down on your threadjack, these are the two bindings I'm considering now, so more insight would be appreciated! I've got a couple pairs of Catek FR2s (with Ride El Hefe highbacks to replace the laughable stock versions) and a pair of El Hefes mounted on Power Plates. I'm not convinced I can't get the same performance from the Flows or the O-drives (on Power Plates), but with the benefit of a much reduced heel loop.

I have owned both Catek FR1 and FR2's and the weights (plus too many pieces of hardware always coming loose) led me to part ways with them.

I love the Power Plates, but wish that someone would make a carbon plate vice the milled aluminum as this would save a ton of weight without loosing performance.

I will let you know my thoughts on the NX2 v/s the O-drives once I get a chance to put them on snow over the first three weeks of march while I am in Washington state. I was hesitant to try the Flows due to the major shift from the bindings that I have been using, but after talking to some Tanker riding friends who swear by them, and some good feedback from other riders on this forum, I decided to give them a try.

Based solely on the carpet surfing, the NX2 looks and feels like it has a lot of promise, and I am hoping the O-drives will as well, but my experience with the regular Drive's and the IPO (even with the hardest durometer bushings) were that the bindings were way to soft and not very responsive to my style of riding, but we will see as the only true test is how they perform on snow.

cheers,

sandy