Note to New Members ×

Am I too fat for my board?

Mucknbullets

Right I am about 211 pounds, 5ft 9inches tall and a not very good hard booter. Now looking at some of the videos posted here I can see I am doing it all wrong (contra-rotation not tipping the board up enough on either side etc) but that comes from learning 20 years ago and not going enough in between. Going to be fixing these issues in 3 weeks time if the French Pyrenees get some snow.

I am riding an F2 165 speedcross and am wondering if that is too short for my bulk. Seeing a lot of guys on here running 170, 180 plus boards it jsut got me wondering. I have managed to save for some new boots, which actually fit, (Deeluxe 325T) and my lovely wife bought me some new bindings for Xmas (F2 Intec Titanium which have got to me an improvement on my current Intec Proflex's) so hopefully that will remove some of the slop from my riding.

Just asking or am I actually looking for an excuse before I even get there. Not sure but all comments (except ones on diet and less beer) welcome.

Cheers

I've got an ElDiablo which is direct descendant of your SpeedX. It is stiff enough for me at 6' 185lbs aggressive rider. I ride it mostly for all-mountain and teaching, though. I use Proflex regular bails on it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueB
  • Like 1

Going to be fixing these issues in 3 weeks time if the French Pyrenees get some snow.

Where about are you going to board?

If by chance you come to the Pyrénées at Grandvalira-Andorra we could get in touch for some technical talk.

I work and teach at Granvalira Ski & Snowboard school, at Pas de la Casa sector.

By the way, 165 for your F2 is OK.

As Neil said, better a little too soft than too stiff.

If you go to another resort, have fun mate !..

• Like 1

Keep the board ,  shorter , tighter SCR is good for building confidence.   Have fun and try not to get too confused by the multitude of alpine styles.   Get back to strong basics and then refine.   Lots of good info here via the search engines.   Enjoy!!  Bryan

PS. Take good advantage of RoroSnow's  offer if at all possible.   Riding with and getting feedback from a veteran alpine rider is HUGE!!

Thanks all for the info. Best learn to board again. :)

RoroSnow, many thanks for the offer but off to St Lary Soulan on the 13th Feb which is a fair bit over from Andorra. I am hoping to get out again in March (if there is any snow left then) so will angle towards Pasa if the deals suit. If not might just chuck caution to the wind and come out for a few days or something so I can get some decent tuition.

Where about are you going to board?

If by chance you come to the Pyrénées at Grandvalira-Andorra we could get in touch for some technical talk.

I work and teach at Granvalira Ski & Snowboard school, at Pas de la Casa sector.

By the way, 165 for your F2 is OK.

As Neil said, better a little too soft than too stiff.

If you go to another resort, have fun mate !..

Thanks all for the info. Best learn to board again. :)

RoroSnow, many thanks for the offer but off to St Lary Soulan on the 13th Feb which is a fair bit over from Andorra. I am hoping to get out again in March (if there is any snow left then) so will angle towards Pasa if the deals suit. If not might just chuck caution to the wind and come out for a few days or something so I can get some decent tuition.

Hope you'll find some help in St.Lary area....

Take care and have fun over there !