Note to New Members ×

Sidewinder step ins not fitting

slopestar

Well. My Mp26 UPZ Rc 10 do not fit the Sidewinder Step in. Only way to possibly make them fit that I have found is to flip the heel on the binding. I'm thinking running my much newer but slightly bigger Mp 27 will have to do. It's minimal. The Mp26 boots I have were seriously punched out in all the right ways for my foot. But the feel of the sidewinder is worth it. Thank goodness EEKOE make a thick and a thin sock. I got to demo these last weekend and they were fantastic.

Isn't a M27 shell the same as an M26 in the UPZ boots?  My M27 RC10 fit ok, but a little offset towards the heel.  I used the smallest set of holes in the baseplate but had the toe block all the way forward on its slot.  

Do you have old baseplates?  The newer baseplates moved the screw holes closer together.  The threaded portion is almost touching the channels for the 3 cant ring bolts on the latest models.  

I think flipping the heel is a bad idea as the ramp angle is different on the back side.  The non-retracting pins in the heel need to be resting on the ramp to take the downward forces off the retracting pins.  

• Like 1

They are the newer/not newest baseplates. I'm like an oddball half size. I'm a super wide 8 1/2. It's all good. I did research and due diligence. I just got some old shells for next to nothing and started playing around. Put my 27 liners in the punched out 26 and so forth. T-nutted the toe blocks and such. And fortunately found an issue with a t-nut I put in on my 27's so not a big deal. I'm in the same boat on deeluxe. 26 is just to small and 27 is a little big in the toe box. Upz does fit me better overall though and no reall modifications needed with the stock liner. Although I'm going to take up some room under the pad of my foot to fill up the toe box just a little. Hopefully cure the stiletto feeling I'm getting as well especially on the front foot. But knowing that a 26 upz shell works on td-3 sidewinder standard but not on sidewinder is good to know. Great bindings and great boots... And a great forum to discuss. Thanks all