Note to New Members ×

WTB All-mountain Carver

mojoinroe

Hello -

I'm looking for all-mounting/free ride carving board. I plan to ride a soft boot set up. I'm 5'-10" and roughy 180 lbs. I've typically ridden splitboards at about 165 cm or so. I'm thinking an all-mountain in the low 160s would work just fine.

I've looked at Prior, Oxess, Kessler and several others and would be happy to have any of the previous - I would consider any higher end brand that is in great shape. I would need shipping to Laramie, WY USA.

I would consider purchasing a high end set of appropriate soft boot bindings as well.

Best,

Stephen D. Walters

I'm interested. I've been trying to differentiate between a BX oriented board and a more all-mountain/free ride carver. It seems that a number of BX boards are advertised as BX/Freeride etc. If I'm not mistaken, the F2 has several Eliminator models, correct? If so, which model are you selling?

Please send a few pics - I am interested.

Best,

Stephen

307 251 1166

Laramie WY US

I saw in another thread that you were looking at an Oxess BX board at $750.  I think the Oxess may be overkill for general purpose soft-boot carving.  If you are shopping in that snack bracket, why not buy new?  Bruce at Coiler can build you a softie carver to your spec for cheaper than the Oxess.  You might be waiting until the New Year though.  Alternately look at the Donek Incline, or maybe Sean has other softie carvers in his line.

Hello Neil -

I'm not sure I'm the one who was looking for an Oxess for 750.00? I was on the forums a fews years back looking, but I was open to any number of boards. I've contacted Bruce at Coiler - he is into January for their BX/FR board, and he mentioned he was cutting back his business/production in generaI. I  was trying to get a board, boots, & bindings used or in combination with new for around $1,000.00 US.

I've contacted Bruce at Coiler - he is into January for their BX/FR board, and he mentioned he was cutting back his business/production in generaI. 

Uh-oh, any more information on that? 

Edited by Dan

Well crap  - As I hit the send button from my last reply to you, I wondered if I had actually made an Oxess inquiry. I promise I'll never drink and inquire again.

When you said the Oxess may be a bit much for an all mountain carver, did you mean cost/price wise? How would the Oxess SBX compare to the other higher end boards - Kessler, Virus and such for an all-mountain carver?

Thanks,

Stephen

Not really - He said he was making some life style choices one of which was to scale back his business & board production. 

Bummer. Sounds like if I want one, I should get on the stick and order a new Coiler rather than hoping a used one is going to fall into my lap. 

When you said the Oxess may be a bit much for an all mountain carver, did you mean cost/price wise? How would the Oxess SBX compare to the other higher end boards - Kessler, Virus and such for an all-mountain carver?

The Oxess is a pure race board, so it may be too stiff for general purpose riding.  OTOH there are people who use GS boards for freecarving, maybe you'll like it.  I couldn't say how it compares for what you want compared to others.  Kessler and Oxess pretty much dominate the BX world these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 161 Donek Incline, wide FS.  Also have a pair of burton C60's from a few years back.  I ordered 2 pair as I was worried about getting parts for them down the road.  I broke a highback last year so you would get 1 fully operational pair and 1 pair with 1 highback missing for parts etc.

LMK if interested in either.

• 3 weeks later...

Stephen, I have a 168 Priorr ATV that I purchased new in 20011 fron Bomber and rode thru 2012. It has been tuned twice and has been ridden approximately two dozen days and is in great shape although it needs tuned now, photo attached. Let me know it you are interested.

Virgil

9706681643post-5072-0-35671400-1451842168_thumb.jppost-5072-0-20605200-1451842191_thumb.jp