Note to New Members ×

Help with Burton Physics bindings pls

big canuck

Ok one more question.......

Using the "unicant" and the steel spider that sits in the cant ring, do you need longer hardwear for all four holes to attach the binding??

Many thanks guys

The spider to the board takes shorter screws. The binding to the spider takes stock screws. Longer ones shouldn't be required.

The stock bolts thread to the slanting center piece but that's it.....

that's all there is.

binder mounts to top of metal pivot after setting the top disc at desired angle trapping it in place , the lower interlocking part bolts to the board w/ short (?5-6mm?) taper head screws.

ps, actually, nothing but the pivot knuckle holding you on the board :eek:

Edited by b0ardski

I get that it's only the knuckle pivot that keeps it together

How many bolts hold the silver piece to the board? Can it work with a 4 hole board?

And then another 4 bolts to hold the binding to the pivoting plate?

Sorry I'm really struggling to understand this and I'm not drunk

Edited by big canuck

• 9 months later...

"Sooooo my son used these bindings at the end of the season last year but we're having an issue...... He can spin the binding on the cants pretty easily."  Uh-Oh!!

Yeah,so, the upper and lower parts are stamped, bent metal, formed so that there are interlocking tabs. Either the upper piece got moved past the tabs, and can go most of the way around, OR, your tabs are broken off, whereupon, you have a piece of junk, not a functional cant center. If it's the former, then carefully turn the upper/lower metal until you can see the 3 tabs. If you can manage to get the center tab back between the lower two, then again check that the edges of the tabs are square, not rounded off. Check also to see that they're on the same plane (think; like teeth fit if no overbite), as a bent tab can let the two plate go back into spin mode. If the tabs are not meshing, but still there, there is a chance you could bend the tabs back to where they intermesh. If the tabs are rounded off, or one is broken, toss it.

I never liked the feel of the binding being able to move just a degree or so in rotation; but there was always just a little bit of slop in the fit of those tabs. That made me nervous about the design as a whole. Realizing that just the pivot knuckle was what I was attached to the board by (and it's not Burly like a CATEK!), I quit using these after one season. The canting itself had merit, but on the whole, this was not a very robust piece of equipment. Just MHO...