Note to New Members ×

Boots and Binding advice

Mucknbullets

Well the flights to Munich are booked so off to the see the people at Blue Tomato to spend my hard saved cash. (see other thread about hard boots in the UK) Now it is time for decisions on choices etc. I am intending to get them thermo moulded for me feet whilst I am there but which boot? Trying to keep it cheap (as usual) and don't really care about colour but not sure what flex will be right for me. Currently run some too big for my feet Raichle AF700s so not sure where they sit against new stuff. They feel ok to me but I always feel that there is too much flex somewhere in my setup (could be my old F2 carveflex or whatever they are called bindings)

For example: Free 69 T 2014 are rated as 9/10 Flex for ADV and EX yet Track 325 are 6/10 Flex and ADV BG. So does this mean the Free 69s flex more to suit a more skilled rider or are they rock hard so (in my mind) transmit the movements to the board with less forgiveness?

http://www.blue-tomato.com/en-GB/products/categories/Snowboard-00000000--Snowboard+Boots-0000000E--Hard+Boots-0000000G/

So thoughts on what would suit a picky guy who always feels his movements (which are guaranteed to be incorrect technique) to board are not picked up fast enough? Also need Intec heels

Right onto bindings, they also have the F2 Intec Titanium for what seems a decent price (£118) so am thinking of them as my current ones deffo feel floppy. Now is this kind of setup going to dump me on my backside every time I don't do a turn properly or will it be good setup? Board is an F2 Speed Cross 165 (and that is next seasons saving point but not going there yet :) )

Thanks muchly

Ade

Edited by Mucknbullets

get properly-sized and fitting boots first. try the 325's and the 700's. they have different flex response and different foot outlines, so get the one that feels best when you're clipped onto a board; when you assume your stance, your foot position changes subtle and what feels cramped statically will likely feel fine afterward.

in other news, blue tomato dont stock UPZ anymore?

get properly-sized and fitting boots first. try the 325's and the 700's. they have different flex response and different foot outlines, so get the one that feels best when you're clipped onto a board; when you assume your stance, your foot position changes subtle and what feels cramped statically will likely feel fine afterward.

in other news, blue tomato dont stock UPZ anymore?

Seems that way. Used to have them last season.

The 325s are softer than the Free 69s.  See here for a comparison.  The Titaniums will be stiffer and stronger than the bindings you have but still not ultra-stiff. 

Thanks for that link. Really helped explain the differences between the boots. Thought I had posted the other day but phone obviously went wibble.

New purchase for me this year will be boots. Looking at track 325 vs free69. I'm just an old free carver, narrow iced coast trails. Currently on old Raichle af700ts (yes, they're old). Any comparison on stiffness to what I've got? What about weight?

Planning to get bts system, I assume that precludes other brand options?

Edit: stepped on scale with both boots, weight is 13.2 pounds for the pair.

Edited by Lucasgo