Note to New Members ×

Strava?

big canuck

I had heard about Strava a while ago from friends, and how they and some of their riding buddies had been "Strava-d" or injured while pushing themselves to top their friends.  I never signed up until recently, and now I see what they were talking about.  I have found myself pushing harder (which I like) but it's more to compete with my times that others'.  Technology is so cool...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're getting some momentum, this is great!

Here's a couple of rides I have my eye on next summer:

RAMROD (Ride Around Mount Rainier in One Day)

RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party)

Strawberry Century

Those first two are on a lottery basis, so no telling that I'll be able to get in, but I'll try. I will also be organizing a perennial favorite for me and my friends here: Bikes 'n Brew, a century from Portland to Hood River via Mt. Hood that starts and ends at a brewery. (We used to hit 4 breweries, but not sure my liver is still up for that). We will probably do that in late July, I'll post dates here when we have this year's ride sorted out in case anyone wants to join us. 

• 1 month later...

Just bought a Wahoo Kickr a few weeks ago to warm up legs before the season (Kickr is a smart trainer with integrated power meter) . Strava is there to share your indoor cycling or running data. I'm not a very good cyclist, but like the feeling to push your limits whenever you want to.

Using a Kickr combined with Zwift and/or Virtual Training is just amazing, it's like playing a video game but with real benefits.

Posting on Strava is automated after any workout, sharing your accomplishments with friends. A little expensive however, just like alpine snowboarding...