Note to New Members ×

Buck hill ski swap

DonPablo

First time, crazy here. Lots of skis, not so much snowboards and some more skis. There is like 7 racks of skis to one rack of boards. Don't see any alpine snowboard stuff but I don't know where to look.

snowboarding is a fad. your donek shamrock is going to look good at the Excelsior Tap Room.

excelsior tap room reminds me of a garage shop except it has the brewery.its small. hardly any seating so you stand around as if you're at a party. they had a large Jenga tower from 2x4's. lots of old recreation equipment on the ceiling and walls like water skis, wind surfer, etc. i would go back. 

ask me about Surly Tap House... ok... thanks for asking. it took us 2 hours to get served beer. unbelievable! they had lines that were coiled around the room to get beer. i was suffering from a cold and ended up getting ginger ale.

i'm not a beer aficionado. ms bobble had bought a six pack of surly (forget which one). i tried it and just didn't like the bitter after taste. 

when we went to the surly tap house it was close to when it first opened. we got there around 4pm and it was already crowded. later it reached the point where they reached max capacity and you had to wait to get in the door. it was frustrating waiting in line for beers. if you were upstairs, the lines started at the top of the stairs and coiled back and forth. lot of line cutters.

the food was good. i would go back but the beer is not a big draw for me. 

i do like the beer dabbler. went to one 2 years ago. the temperature was around 90+.. i learned i don't like rye beer but do like hard cider. 

• 2 weeks later...