Note to New Members ×

Help me date these boots

icebiker

Thanks to this thread...(post 32)

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/41482-what-do-you-ride-on-pow-days/page-2#entry422749

...I put a search on eBay back in March seeking softer Deeluxe/Raichle boots (for powder/bumpy/late day chop)) than my current 225's.  I wasn't optimistic given that these boots are hard enough to come by, let alone in my size (MP31), of a softer vs stiff orientation, and in good condition. But lo and behold something popped up the other day. I am now the proud owner of these puppies:

0918152054_zpslnyluash.jpg

These Le Mans are in fantastic shape. Apparently only one season of use, and everything  works. Liners are still plump and not packed out. And the price was a steal.  So I'm trying to figure out when they were made.  After researching on Carver's Almanac, I'm guessing at least pre-2007 (when Deeluxe went to the track series).  I also see a mention that some of the red tongues were stiff?

In any case, any input on about when they were made?  Thanks

I took a quick peak for you on Velvetpro. You can use googletranslate and look for Lemans. Lots of information about ever boot imaginable on there!

Here's the link... hope it : http://velvet.pro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3996

Wow, didn't know about that site...very cool. DIdn't see these specific colored ones but guesssing these are somewhere around 10 years old.  Thanks for the link!

So this is strange...I found this post on a Japanese merchant's yahoo auction site...these are exactly the boots I have.....site to indicate these are 2013-2014....contrary to the info on Carver's Almanac

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b168857298

They are in good enough shape to be more recent, but Deeluxe's website hasn't carried anything non-"Track" for a while IIRC.  In any case, chalk it up as a curiosity.  What's more important is that they fit, work, and - hopefully I'll learn when I take them out later this year - they have the "give" I'm looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

Reading this section and had a thought.  Popped up into the attic and dug out my very first pair of hard boots.. Blax DSM. Still look very nice as i sit here cleaning them. wonder if they would still be usable? Must be at least 15 years old.. After many many years not carving i have just received my new board today. F2 Eliminator carbon with the intention of going soft boot carving

These are Deeluxe LeMans, which were manufactured during the "in between" period when Deeluxe moved away from the Track naming system for a short time. These were my first pair of hard boots that I purchased in the Spring of 2006, so I would say these are the 04-05/05-06 model that now equates to the Deeluxe Track 325.