Note to New Members ×

OGASAKA SNOWBOARDS 2015-2016 Ver1

kaz

Nice to see a company with such a wide variety of boards.   Alpine footage is toward the end. (4:05)  The rider is definitely getting after it!! 

The 185cm Race Ogasaka  is one of the tightest build I have ever seen, production or custom.  It is a super high quality build.

The guy who is riding alpine snowboard is Kohei Kawaguchi, I have mentioned his name here before.

His riding is my goal (I can not reach that though.)

His recent youtube video.

Hey BlueB!

I still love Ogasaka man. Love Coiler as well. I'm not a representative of Coiler. I'm helping Bruce as friend.

I just wanna involve snowboarding scene :1luvu:

I'm ordering a super stiff slalom Race board for next season. I wanna ride like Kohei.

I saw a fantastic Ogasaka while in Japan, really nice board - guy riding it was ripping too (typical Japanese style - very stable, very solid core, not much rotation, good technique for racing and free riding but certainly not EC style)

P-Tex top sheet; Japanese branded step in bindings.  no plate though.

I have some friends there though that say the Euro boards are a little better in terms of performance though.

post-669-0-28488200-1429275433_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-57382700-1429275445_thumb.jpg

Both videos are cool, but the second video of Kohei makes me want to go rip some turns on my Angry! It's hard to have such a quiet upper body when making such high-energy tight turns like that. Very impressive.

Those bindings are interesting! They look like welded/cast toe pieces, and the heels are somewhat similar to an earlier soft-boot step-in binding where there was an axle that stuck out the sides of the boot. It'll be a very secure and visibly attachment once latched.