Note to New Members ×

Carver Skateboards

H2O

I am searching a skateboard to fun and train in carving during summer and also everyday in the city.

Please does anyone know the Carver Skateboards as compared to other skates like Carveboard, Surfstick, Flowboard, Freebord and standard longboards the Carver seems more usable, also on flat slopes.

Thanks.

http://shop.carverskateboards.com/collections/surfskate  They look very similar to most trucks?  What makes them any different?  I have tried many of the setups you listed. They are VERY different from each other and a standard skate truck.  Most have good and bad.  I don't ride any more for fear of injury but I love the mechanics of new designs. 

http://shop.carverskateboards.com/collections/surfskate  They look very similar to most trucks?  What makes them any different? 

Look more closely at the front truck, how it appears to be mounted backwards.  It's very turny/swively.  This makes the nose dive more than a normal truck and makes the whole setup nicely pumpable.  I was comparing it back to back to my own LDP setup which is a wedged Bennett front and Tracker back.  Bennett/Tracker is more pumpable, the Carver a little more surfy feeling.  So if you want to just cruise and pump, you could do worse than Carver.  If you want to bomb hills or ride transitions, not what you want.

c7.png

Edited by Neil Gendzwill

• 3 weeks later...

Ever try a T-Board?  They have a snowboard-like feel to them because the trucks don't resist being put on edge.  There are two wheels, the front one on a caster that swings out when you put the board on edge.  Like a rip-stick, but not.  The wheels are slightly round, so traction is an issue if you want to be aggressive.  They had urethane and rubber options. The rubber wheels were much better for carving traction, but too much rolling resistance for pumping on flat ground.  They probably ride similar to a Flowboard.  I think the company is defunct, but maybe can find one somewhere.

I have two sizes.  Naturally I made a video a few years back; speeds are pretty conservative though.  Unlike the longboard fail at the end of the video, T-Boards don't usually experience speed wobbles, so you can use the same board to bomb the hill you just carved.

John, I got this when I went to look at your video?  My guess is your soundtrack got busted? 

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I did have one of those T Boards back a few years now. 

This one brought back memories of Doug Dryer. RIP

John, I got this when I went to look at your video?  My guess is your soundtrack got busted? 

Sorry.  I guess I'm allowed to view it only because I uploaded it.  Almost all my videos infringe.  Google/YouTube negotiates agreements financed by ads, and since these agreements change over time, I don't bother changing old videos.  I just wait for them to be unblocked later.  Sony copyrights aren't usually a problem in the US.  Must be something to do with the provenance of the songs before Sony.  In the US, most infringements just block them from mobile devices (tablets, phones) where the ad revenue must be insufficient to pay for it.  Pretty amazing system they have worked out, really.

The Carver C7 trucks look cool.  I bought some as a gift for a friend, but don't have any myself.  The extra pivot lets the truck swing out, just like the caster wheel on the T-Board, allowing the truck to turn by being pushed out as well as by tipping the board on its axis.  Seems to me that's more turning potential out of a given lean angle.  A hybrid between a caster and traditional truck.  Should be fun on a little pumper.

• 1 month later...

I have had the C7?  or CX?

Not sure which, the older one, not the newer one.

It worked kinda I guess?  I could pump it, but not like what you'd/I was expecting.

Not even close.  Mind you, I'm not a big skater.  I bomb hills, that's it, I can't even ollie the f'n things. haha

I traded em for some Randells, but the guy I traded em too, seemed to like them,

I never seen him again, so I don't know if that changed or not?

I have a Tierney Rides deck, with the indy rubber wheels.

There is nothing out there that rides like these things,  absolutely nothing.

They get more stable the faster you go.

Stopping though,  I can't.

Apparently you//someone? can throw it sideways like a normal board & slide it to a stop.

I really can't see that done though, by anyone really?

The wheels are insanely grippy, you could( I say could, cause I can't) rail carves, I don't see how you get them to release?

Then again, haha, I've never hard booted before.

Haha, maybe you guys can?  Doubt it though?

I also have 2 Freebords as well. IMO these are the ticket.

They all suck for flatland though, you need hills.

Here's a little vid of me on my Freebord.

As you can see, I'm real big on safety.

Burnt the pads off my fingers.

TT