Note to New Members ×

Any WRX owners?

Mike T

I have done a clutch, half axels and radiator. Otherwise tires, brakes, windshields, etc. (knock on wood) Replaced the turbo with a bnr 16g along time ago preemptively. BUT yes I am always looking for a possible replacement. I really want the new awd 6 speed vw tdi sportwagon if it ever makes it here? Also considered a wrx but waiting for a hatch. Hoping the gas mileage is better with the 2 liter direct injection turbo vs the old 2.5 we have..

http://jalopnik.com/vw-will-bring-an-awd-manual-diesel-wagon-to-america-1562176442

Jim, this one? 

post-158-0-17498000-1426890650_thumb.jpg

I would probably go for this:  

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/wagons/1502_2015_subaru_levorg_first_drive/

if they sold it in the US. 

Yes i am on the facebook page to help bring it to the states.  It is basically built on the new wrx body .  It has a 1.8 DIT in japan but I want the 2.0 DIT with a 6 speed !  I hope they keep the levorg name so its a sleeper to the insurance companies like my LGT 5 speed was .  

Yes i am on the facebook page to help bring it to the states.  It is basically built on the new wrx body .  It has a 1.8 DIT in japan but I want the 2.0 DIT with a 6 speed !  I hope they keep the levorg name so its a sleeper to the insurance companies like my LGT 5 speed was .

2.0 DIT w/ CVT wouldn't suck, if my test drive of the WRX CVT is any indication. They did a really good job with their sport CVT... nothing like what I expected.

Took years to get the wife out of a Subaru, then she never looked back.

Now it's an X1 beamer, all wheel drive 2.0 twin turbos, 7" of air under, (subie is 6.6) drives much better than any subie...(subjective ?) 32mpg, lots of used ones at 1.9%, heated steering wheels;) (best safety feature ever, you'll never take you hands off the wheel, now I'd like cool'ed also;) )

I've got the ecodiesel, 22 ish this winter, goes right to 28 ish on the highway, variability on ride height...(my Prius is in fl 5.7" of air under)

Edited by ursle

I guess it helps to be older... my insurance would go up 40%, vs going up 25% for a new Forester XT, vs going up 10% for a new non-turbo Forester or Outback...

Hey, I found out today, I didn't click the right thing, that price increase I told you was to just add a WRX to my existing policy.  So, it is actually only a 13% increase for me.  Much better.