Note to New Members ×

93/94 burton pj 7 (stat7) questions.

v1ncan1ty

Hello.

I'm new to the forum.

Don't know if this is where I'd ask the question.

I have a 93/94 Burton PJ 7 gold top sheet 169cm.

Never used. Never seen snow. Never been outside. On the wall.

What would be the value of this monster :)

Thanks in advance.

And if I'm in the wrong section. Guide a newbie where I'm suppos to post :)

• Like 1

If it was used I'd say its only value would be as wall decoration, but since it's unused I'd say ask $100, take $50 plus shipping.  Just know that asymetrical snowboards are obsolete and Burton hasn't made one in about 18 years.  If you sell this to someone who specifically wants an asym, cool.  If you sell it to someone who doesn't know what an asym is, you'd be taking advantage of their ignorance.  It's not a good board to learn on.

Also, this board has nothing to do with the Stat 7, which was symetrical, and not even a production model.

Edited by Jack Michaud
  • Like 1

In 94 Burton offered two symmetrical race boards called the Stat series, alongside the four PJs. The Stats were dubbed "5" and "6" for their 153 and 167cm lengths. A third Stat, the 7, was never released for public consumption, because as one shop owner once speculated, "they thought it was too fast, they were scared of it". All the while, Burton offered recreational alpine boards like the M, the Amp, and the Alp.

I have the golden top sheet. Never released to public pj 7

Never ridden.

So your saying approx 100$? Value wise on it?

Even if it's rare?

Question:  Are you an alpine snowboarder?  Interested in alpine snowboarding?  

Are you just looking for info about the boards value? 

There are a number of Facebook sites that offer quotes on the value of boards. 

Photos are a must,  asking a value without photos is not ideal. 

PS.   Welcome to BOL , I hope you enjoy the alpine sport and enjoy the community here. 

Bryan 

In 94 Burton offered two symmetrical race boards called the Stat series, alongside the four PJs. The Stats were dubbed "5" and "6" for their 153 and 167cm lengths. A third Stat, the 7, was never released for public consumption, because as one shop owner once speculated, "they thought it was too fast, they were scared of it". All the while, Burton offered recreational alpine boards like the M, the Amp, and the Alp.

I have the golden top sheet. Never released to public pj 7

Never ridden.

So you're saying approx 100$? Value wise on it?

Even if it's rare?

The Stat and the PJ were two different models.  Your PJ7 was a production model, and not rare.  A Stat 7 would be rare, because as you quoted above, it was never a production model.  But your board is not a Stat 7.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

I ride some racers yes. In soft boots. Since the width of my foot is a size 15 us. And the length is 10-10.5 us.

I have a hard time finding hard boots that are comfy.

So I'll just soft boot it. Still get low enough to lick the snow :)

And I did ask on Facebook groups. Got refered to here :)

Cool. Actually this board would be ok for carving in softboots because it's relatively wide. May as well give it a try since you have it. I assume it's the correct version for you - regular or goofy? If this board gives you a taste and you like it, there are better modern choices for when you want to get further into it, even if on softies.

Jack.  I've been on and off this site for sometime.  I have an original Stat 7.  Rode it hard from brand spank'in  new from Island Watersports in Vail, CO until it's demise about 6 years ago when carved too hard into a whale and submerged the nose and cracked it.  If you can help me with step by step instructions, I will post some pics of this rare bird.  Yes it was fast!

Vince , I hope you give it a go, you might find it is allot of fun!!   That and if you haven't noticed already the guys and gals here at BOL are way cool and probably the best snowboard community on the net.   Helpful, kind and well very passionate about snowboarding in general. 

post-158-0-49787300-1422650095_thumb.jpgpost-158-0-94125800-1422650110_thumb.jpg

I actually rode the regular version at SES in Aspen a few years back.  Photos are in the archive somewhere. 

Give it a go!!  Just don't try it duck :)

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Brent Bathon said:

Bought my old PJ from Island Water Sports in Vail...while I was teaching snowboarding there...Winter of 88/89 and 90/91. I wish I still had that plank...loved cruising on that board!

Alpine boards have come a loooong way since then.  Especially in Vermont, the new tech would be most appreciated.

(man that OP guy was obtuse)

Definitely ,  that would be a real bargain!!!   Long gone is my guess.  "Alpine Snowboard Trader" on Facebook , we do see a fair number of "Vintage" alpine boards come up for sale or trade.   FYI.   I am a collector of all things snowboarding , but especially alpine and longboards :)