Note to New Members ×

SLC Alpine gear demo/try/buy?

AcousticBoarder

Hey AB,

There is a carving contingent in the SLC area. However, nothing in the way of rental equipment. If it were me, I'd find someone on the forum who lives in SLC, Park City, or accesses Little Cottonwood Canyon and is a hardbooter on this forum. Otherwise, try to find someone in your area of California who might have some hard booting equipment they could lend you. You might try Fin here at BOL and he may have some rental equipment that he could ship to you. Donek might rent/demo boards. You can do this. Just find a way to make it happen. We are a small community who likes to help the one guy or girl who wants to carve. We all have started at a similar place. Good luck and happy carving. FWIW, put some plates on any snowboard, add hard boots and see what you can do. Remember, read the tech articles here, too. They are most informative. Especially Jack MIchaud's. Learn 'The Norm'. It has served me well. 

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not new to hard booting and you'll be at Powder Mountain, I've got a Kessler 168 or 185 with F2's that you can spend some time on.  I also have a spare pair of boots, but they're size 24, so they probably won't fit.  If you make it to Powder, let me know and I'll take you around to the secret groomer stashes.