Note to New Members ×

Bro Down Throw Down

willywhit

I say keep alpine competitions objective, not subjective. (and, just for the record, I've heard from those in the know CMC does live up to his name, so I'm not implying anything with this suggestion). Perhaps this would be a way to attract new hardbooters, though- carving comps? I'm certainly willing to listen (or in this case, hopefully watch). Just some thoughts. good luck to all , may the best carver win.

===

Barry

ps I'd love to see some footage of this carving comp. can someone ask about that on the catek site (whether there will be some footage).

I think a competition like this could be fun to watch, at least for a little while. I'd like to see it on a big, wide, STEEP slope with perfectly groomed, but very hard (even icy) snow.

The "objectively judged is better than subjectively judged" argument is a good reason not to compete in such events, but it doesn't make the watching of them any worse.

I was wondering if it would be judged like an extreme ski event or even similar to a surfing event. Competition really does accelerate the learning curve of the individual and equipement so I fully support it. I hope they do a video any exposure is good for the sport.

• 2 weeks later...