Note to New Members ×

Southeast Wisconsin carvers

Ryanh

New hardbooter here. Trying to learn on my own but would love to get some tips from experienced carvers as I make the switch.

Any milwaukee or Chicagoland hardbooters willing to do some riding and informal instructing in exchange for beers?

Because of other family ski obligations I am usually at sunburst on week nights and alpine valley on Sundays. Be great to find some experienced riders around.

Thanks for replies. Great to hear there's some riders around.

It would be great to meet up. Drop a line when you know you're going out.

And if you happen to be at sunburst on a weeknight or alpine valley on a Sunday, say hi. I'm easy to spot -- red coat, big old yellow f2 board, old red burton boots.

Edited by Ryanh

One of m,y friends, I think he's Midwest Carver on here, rides a lot at Alpine. He's usually on a Burner and is really good. I'm sure he'd talk to you if you stopped him out there.  If you ever make it over to Tyrol Basin there's a lot of us here, especially on Monday nights when the beer league and high school racers are out,. On any given weekend there'll be 3-20 of us on the hill.  We've actually been building up the high school race league and we've got about a dozen kids on alpine gear that you'll see out on weekends too. Everyone is always friendly and happy to talk to other hardbooters, high schoolers included.

Hi Ryan. Are you still planning on going to Alpine Valley this Sunday? I was wondering if snow conditions are good enough to carve, after all the bed whether we had for last two weeks. Please le tme know what you think. I could met you there tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks. Chris.

Yes. I'll be out there this morning. But I have to leave early in the afternoon.

I expect conditions are going to be subpar since the weather's been so warm. At least it's below freezing today.

Say hi if you're out today. If not no worries -- I plan to be out there pretty much every Sunday for rest of season.